♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Book/Genre of the Month > It - Stephen King - December BOTM 2013

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Please add your views about this book here!

message 2: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments I am currently reading this book and I think it is good.

message 3: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
I've heard that this book is great....hope you like it:)

message 4: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments oh okay

message 5: by Cath (new)

Cath (cathastrophic) i just finished it a couple of weeks ago actually. And other than being awesome (because King just turns every book into gold) it reinforces SOO MUCH my fear of clowns... I'll wait to have more people who red the book here so we can discuss it, I don't want to spoil anything :P enjoy!

message 6: by Dimitrios (new)

Dimitrios Chytiris (dimis) | 29 comments It is my favorite Stephen King book!

message 7: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments oh my cousin recemended me the book actually.

message 8: by Chelle (new)

Chelle  | 136 comments I really want to read this book because:
1) It's on my to-read list

2) I will be participating in my first ever BOTM and

3) It will count for my Read Your Name Challenge
But I don't think I will be able to read this book until late December :(

message 9: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
That's all right Michelle! I'm glad you'll at least read it:)

message 10: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments well then you must know that the book is too long.

message 11: by Chelle (new)

Chelle  | 136 comments I am aware that the book is very long.

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) So......any thoughts on the beginning of the book? How are the first few chapters going for everybody?

message 13: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments just fine but the most terrifyng chapter is after the festival.

message 14: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 67 comments I love this book. I read it in three days way back when.

message 15: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments what? three days? how?

message 16: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 67 comments I was off work and did nothing but sleep, read and eat. LOL

message 17: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments but that's impossible for me. maybe because I am new to reading.

message 18: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 67 comments Sometimes it is the absolute best way to be

message 19: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments I prefer slow reading just for some reason

message 20: by Hajarath Prasad (new)

Hajarath Prasad Abburu (hajarath) | 2833 comments "it" is way to long yaar I don't know I am gonna read this. looking at a book this size is simply discouraging :(

message 21: by Dimitrios (last edited Dec 05, 2013 07:58PM) (new)

Dimitrios Chytiris (dimis) | 29 comments Hajarath Prasad wrote: ""it" is way to long yaar I don't know I am gonna read this. looking at a book this size is simply discouraging :("

No please! dont let it scare u ( lol, it is scary) but i mean dont let the size scare you, it's such a great book and it would be a pity to miss the chance to live it just because it's big :D

message 22: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments yeah I agree.

message 23: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) Is anyone else annoyed by the constant baby boomer pop culture references? One of my problems with SK is that he doesn't seem to realize that there are a lot of readers in this world who came along after the baby boom was over and all those references mean little or nothing to us.

message 24: by Madge (new)

Madge (madge_the_bibliomaniac) | 147 comments Holly wrote: "Is anyone else annoyed by the constant baby boomer pop culture references? One of my problems with SK is that he doesn't seem to realize that there are a lot of readers in this world who came alon..."

When does that start? I'm only about 200 pages into the book, and I haven't noticed anything, yet. But, I grew up living with various people who belong to the "baby boomer" generation, so that's what most of my pop culture knowledge covers, until the early 2000s when I kind of started picking up things on my own, so maybe that's why I haven't noticed it.

message 25: by Cath (new)

Cath (cathastrophic) What do you guys think about the testimony... when he sees the clown under the boardwalk....

I couldn't sleep that night after reading that

message 26: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments actually I haven't gone that far yet. which chapter is it?

message 27: by Cath (new)

Cath (cathastrophic) Oh good question lol! Not too far in the book, maybe thenth at most

message 28: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments oh. okay but I am not that far yet. only completed 92 pages so far. thinking I should skip it and read it while I have the time .

message 29: by Cath (new)

Cath (cathastrophic) Skip pages you mean? Or skip the book?

Either way you should devour each page, the story is just awesome as it unfolds.

As for skipping the book to get to it later, personally I can't do that. If I pick up a book, I have to read it to the last page. it's like if I couldn't break the bond with the story or characters.

message 30: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments yeah it is same with me. but I am new to books and this books seems too long for now. but I know it is way too awesome I have read king's "misery"(which I didn't life,e that much) but the thoughts he created in the character's mind and how he described the past mixed with the present. I was so happy that my cousin already have some Stephen king's book. otherwise I would have to buy them myself (which I couldn't).

message 31: by Cath (new)

Cath (cathastrophic) Well go through you cousin's collection and see if he has ''Needful things'' from King :) it's my all-time favorite.

But back to the topic. So who's where now?

message 32: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Cath wrote: "Well go through you cousin's collection and see if he has ''Needful things'' from King :) it's my all-time favorite.

But back to the topic. So who's where now?"

I', on the part where Mike Hanlon first meets the Losers' Club...when he's trying to get away from Henry Bowers and his group....and he stumbles upon the Losers' Club...I'm loving the book so far:)

message 33: by Cath (new)

Cath (cathastrophic) All the bullying that happens in the book when they were young... kinda made me sad. I despise bullying and I find it always kinda hard to read about kids being bullied

message 34: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Yeah exactly....that's really sad...I hate bullying too and reading it in books is difficult...

message 35: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments actually he have needful things in his collection because he mostly have horror books and king is his fav author but did anyone liked "misery"? I didn't.

message 36: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) arbaaz wrote: "actually he have needful things in his collection because he mostly have horror books and king is his fav author but did anyone liked "misery"? I didn't."

I didn't like it either. What other horror genre books are available for you to borrow? You might want to try another author.

message 37: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Completed the book! It was SO good!!! The first horror book I enjoyed :)

message 38: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments wow. great for you then

message 39: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 67 comments Holly wrote: "Is anyone else annoyed by the constant baby boomer pop culture references? One of my problems with SK is that he doesn't seem to realize that there are a lot of readers in this world who came alon..."

But for the characters in the story they are relevant. And those who do get them enjoy it (or I do anyway)

message 40: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 67 comments Cath wrote: "All the bullying that happens in the book when they were young... kinda made me sad. I despise bullying and I find it always kinda hard to read about kids being bullied"

I get that. But at the same time, there have always been kids who bullied other kids, so it is realistic

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

This one is a commitment book for sure! I read it about three years go, and liked it. I STILL can't get the Ritual of Chud out of my head!