Ross Poldark (Poldark, #1) Ross Poldark discussion

What books " grabbed" you from the first page?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laureen I can't remember the beginning of this book - I just love Winston Graham as a writer.
I would really love suggestions of good writing that can deliver an exciting introduction to the story. No particular genre in mind.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Laureen wrote: "I can't remember the beginning of this book - I just love Winston Graham as a writer. "

I loved Winston Graham's Poldark series, particular the first few which is why I mention him on my profile.

Of course I am a bit partial as I live in the county he wrote about. ;) I have found it difficult to match any books with a story line as good as Poldark.

Laureen B.D. wrote: "Laureen wrote: "I can't remember the beginning of this book - I just love Winston Graham as a writer. "

I loved Winston Graham's Poldark series, particular the first few which is why I mention him..."

Oh, it is so good to find another lover of the Poldark Series. I still have a few to go, but I savour them like good wine, read lots of stuff in between and, when I need another taste, it's back to Poldark.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Laureen wrote:Oh, it is so good to find another lover of the Poldark Series

I have read the series so many times. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to Poldark. They are the only books I will never throw away.

I had all the videos of the TV series, now I have them on dvd. I have also watched them many times.

I just love the different characters. I believe that they are about to remake Poldark in England.

Laureen B.D. wrote: "Laureen wrote:Oh, it is so good to find another lover of the Poldark Series

I have read the series so many times. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to Poldark. They are the only books I will neve..."

Oh, I didn't know there was a Tv Series. I will look for the series on DVD. I would love to see how the characters are portrayed. Thank you B.D.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Laureen wrote: "I will look for the series .."

It was made in the 70's but the characters are very good I think.
Series 1
http://www.amazon.com/Poldark-1-Robin...
Series 2
http://www.amazon.com/Poldark-2-Robin...

Check that the dvd plays in your region as I'm not sure which country you are from :)

Laureen Thank you so much B.D. I live in Australia. I will check Amazon out as I have an account with them. You have been so helpful. I am sure I will love to see my favourite characters on screen. It might take a while as I am a very busy person, but I'll let you know what I think.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2014 12:44PM) (new)

Aidan Turner will be playing Ross Poldark in the new T.V. series in the U.K.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-0...

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Ferrara The way Graham delves into description in that poetic way of his and you feel you know Joshua Poldark so well even though you only get to hang out with him for a chapter.