The Lord of the Rings The Lord of the Rings question

Sauron vs Voldemort
Kunal Roy Kunal Nov 29, 2013 12:26AM
Consider the elder wand and sauron's ruling ring. The elder wand was made by death itself(=Melkor or possibly eru's evil counterpart if such a thing exists) The one ring was made by sauron.

So elder wand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>one ring. Probably equal to a ring that say was made by all of Melkor's power.

Now Sauron was afraid if a magical human like Aragorn had wielded the ring he could've overthrown him. Now, Dumbledore is more powerful than aragorn. I'm sure you all agree. And Voldy drew with a Elder wand weilding Dumbledore! Now if aragorn with ring can overthrow maia Sauron then Dumbledore with elder wand pwns Sauron!

So Voldemort and Dumbledore are both magically far more potent than any of the maiar right?

What do you guys think?

I think you need to read the books again. "Magical Aragorn"? Really? Voldemort and Dumbledore are both human. Sauron is not.

PS. You can't compare the two. Different universes and all that.

Ken Yeah. Being mortal and all, Voldemort is not so menacing as Sauron.
Feb 01, 2014 08:36AM · flag

It's difficult to compare but if I was forced to make a comparison, I would say Sauron. Even when he was disembodied he was still potent, unlike Voldemort who was only able to reclaim his power when he was resurrected in semi-human/snake form.

Yes, i think that you cannot compare charactes from these two worlds ... magic is handled completely different.
HP magic is something i would describe as exercised magic.
In Middleearth, magic lies within the world or certain races (e.g. humans cannot "learn" magic spells).
In addition HP uses "single purpose spells" which does not really exist in Middleearth.

Elentarri Agreed. From what I remember, Middle-Earth doesn't have "magic" as such, just innate abilities that can be trained. Even Gandalf's fireworks aren't ma ...more
Nov 29, 2013 07:01AM