Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > a mistake, I think

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ivonne (new)

Ivonne Rovira (goodreadscommiss_ivonne) | 98 comments Someone has added an edition of The Cherry Cheesecake Murder with the ISBN-13 of novel is Cherry Cheesecake Murder, as she never uses articles in her titles. But I believe the ISBN is wrong, too.

What should I do?

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments I've found the book your refering to: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1....

Now that isn't a usual ISBN and when I Google it, it just refers back to that book here on GR. So it's most likely a duplicate of a different edition. But it's not obvious which edition it is, as no part of that number sequence in the ISBN-13 field matches to any existing edition as far as I can make out.

Have you any idea which edition it should be? If so, then we can get a Super to merge them.

message 3: by Ivonne (new)

Ivonne Rovira (goodreadscommiss_ivonne) | 98 comments Is it possible to delete it? I think the ISBN is a total error.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments Ivonne wrote: "Is it possible to delete it? I think the ISBN is a total error."

It shouldn't be deleted outright, as 9 people have added it. But if you post the info in this thread you can say which book you think it should be merged with and a Super can deal with it (we can only delete books with less than 5 adds, anyway).

message 5: by Ivonne (new)

Ivonne Rovira (goodreadscommiss_ivonne) | 98 comments Thank you so much!