No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3) No Good Duke Goes Unpunished discussion

Chase...

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mina Hello! So I finished the book, which I loved, who knew a men and a piglet could for should an adorable couple. Well besides the book, something has me intrigue. Like to the point of a heart attack! The last page of the book, hopefully ya´ll have read it!!! I you haven´t stop reading and get out!

Anyways, the last page!!! Quote ¨With a satisfied smile, Chase closed the paper and finished breakfast before standing, smoothing her skirts, and leaving the house. After all, she had a gaming hell to run.¨ What the HECK!!!!! Chase is a lady that dresses in mans clothes? but won´t have the other 3 owners of the Angel have notice? Because I was so convince that Chase was Duncan West!!! What do you think? I know that Sarah has announce the release of the 4th book, which will be Chase story... but hasent given much info...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

So what do you think? I think that Chase is a lady and the her beau is going to be Duncan West...

*MariaA* The other owners know Romina..recall the point in that room after Temples stabbed..they say the secret will be found out..well that last liner was a shocker and im also thinking that Anna whom Mara thinks as Temples mistress and a prostitute might be Chase or umm maybe not .well a longgg wait now:(

June I love it, too and the image of Temple holding Lavender was so adorable :D

As for Chase, I'm agree with Maria that the other founders and their wives know of her real identity but other people might actually never seen Chase. That is why her nickname is chase, everyone want to know about "him" but no one really see "him." And I think Anna is Chase.

I agree that the hero will be West. "Anna" seems smitten with him. I think that West and Anna/Chase have a history, but I doubt that West know the truth about CHase. Can't wait fot their book :)

*MariaA* ..but what do you all think, I felt there should have been a complete heart to heart between the two, I kept waiting n waiting but it never happened and felt like it lacked that closure!!

June Maria wrote: "..but what do you all think, I felt there should have been a complete heart to heart between the two, I kept waiting n waiting but it never happened and felt like it lacked that closure!!"

Who do you mean Maria? Heart to heart between Temple and Mara or Temple and Chase?

*MariaA* Temple and Mara..they never did have a complete honest discussion of what Mara did that night,, the bits and pieces revealed were there but that emotional revealing of their deep secrets and forgiveness and all was not there!

Mina Maria wrote: "Temple and Mara..they never did have a complete honest discussion of what Mara did that night,, the bits and pieces revealed were there but that emotional revealing of their deep secrets and forgi..."

It sort of was no?, when she tells him she did it for fear of his dad killing her like her dad did her mom... and not being in control of her own life? she sort of revealed piece by piece.

Mina June wrote: "I love it, too and the image of Temple holding Lavender was so adorable :D

As for Chase, I'm agree with Maria that the other founders and their wives know of her real identity but other people mi..."

Yes, not the Maria mention it. I too agree that Chase is Anna... will see!

*MariaA* ...but girls, I guess we all loved it nevertheless:)
..Also remember the point when Anna picks up Mara in her carriage and gives advice, well another pointer to her being Chase!!

message 10: by June (new) - rated it 5 stars

June Maria wrote: "...but girls, I guess we all loved it nevertheless:)
..Also remember the point when Anna picks up Mara in her carriage and gives advice, well another pointer to her being Chase!!"

Yeah, and Mara did show that she really care about Temple and Temple love her, too, he even love her pig, too :)

About Chase (view spoiler)

message 11: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Maria wrote: "...but girls, I guess we all loved it nevertheless:)
..Also remember the point when Anna picks up Mara in her carriage and gives advice, well another pointer to her being Chase!!"

Really? Georgina? i dont think so, Chase is a popular figure in society... Georgina is hiding and asked Leighton to leave her in the house with the baby and the other women away from society, but who knows. Maybe she makes a come back!

*MariaA* Hmm..wow, so many possible theories, I almost forgot abt Georgina!

message 13: by June (new) - rated it 5 stars

June Hmm I get the impression that no one beside trusted few actually knew or have seen Chase, West certainly hasn't.

Leighton love his sister. He would accept her, ruined or not If Chase is indeed Leighton's fallen sister, there is still the mystery regarding her baby's daddy, which might or might not be West.

Sarah I figured out the big "secret" when Anna and Mara were in the carriage. The last page just confirmed it for me. I am REALLY looking forward to Chase's story now.

Wendy'sThoughts Whom ever Chase is... it is a woman and she will be paired with west... She could be a woman of the Ton... who had something happen just like the fellows and she had the wealth to back them in their gaming hell... Her pretending and hiding as a fellow makes sense as it was used in Maclean's other books as well as other historicals i have read. Looking forward to the last book. This one -for me- wasnt as strong as the other two...for me.

Charlene Here's the other question in my mind after just reading this book: who is Daniel, the eleven-year old boy in the orphanage? I was sure hoping to find that out before this book ended....

message 17: by Marita (last edited Jun 22, 2014 05:34AM) (new) - added it

Marita (view spoiler)

Greselley Yes, Chase is a SHE! I still can't recover from the shock. When I read Chase being referred as "she" in no good duke goes unpunished, I already dislike the typist because I thought it was a mistake and I didn't see the surprise coming.

Tracy T. November 25, 2014!!! Counting the days for the release of Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover: The Fourth Rule of Scoundrels (Rules of Scoundrels Book 4)

I can't wait!