The Writer's Cafe discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana Smythe | 273 comments Mod
Feel free to post questions, and we'll get you the answers!

message 2: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 30 comments Do we send the entry to an actual email? Or is it a message?

message 3: by Dana (new)

You post a message in the Submissions thread, and then you'll be sent an email address where you can submit the actual story : )

message 4: by Dana (new)

Here are some questions I've been getting:

Q: How many pages is 500-5000 words?
A: It's going to depend on your choice of font, size, and spacing of course, but it's probably going to be between 1-7 pages.

Q: How do I submit my entry?
A: The original way was to post in the Submissions thread, at which point you would be sent an email address where you could send the story. We've streamlined that process a bit now however, so you can just email your entry to writerscafe.submissions@gmail.com. Please still post in the Submissions thread however, so that we know to expect your email!

Keep the questions coming, if you have them! : )

message 5: by Lee-Ann (new)

Lee-Ann Liles | 6 comments My interest is Creative Nonfiction. Do we have a post for that area, or do I use the Fiction Discussion?

message 6: by Dana (new)

We don't have an area for that yet, but you can put a request in for a new folder in the "Request Folder" thread. : )

message 7: by Lee-Ann (new)

Lee-Ann Liles | 6 comments Ok, great Dana. I'll do that.

message 8: by Riley (new)

Riley Bryant (scarivace) | 84 comments Hey, is there a timeline for the results? I eagerly await :)

message 9: by Dana (new)

Scarivace wrote: "Hey, is there a timeline for the results? I eagerly await :)"

I'm hoping to get them out as soon as possible, but I'm still waiting on the other judges' responses. : )

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Browne (victoriabrowne) I was about to ask the same question at Sarivace. You have two eager beavers :)

message 11: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Browne (victoriabrowne) Hi ya, just wondering how's the judges doing with the writing contest. Any closer on a result ?

message 12: by Dana (new)

I'm sorry this is taking so long guys - I've gotten some of the results, but not all of them - - but I've been promised that they're coming soon, so just hold on a little bit longer! : )

message 13: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) SOOOOO SORRY! i haven't been able to get hold of the stories so just proceed without me.