The Writer's Cafe discussion

Archives and Old Threads > The First Contest

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (last edited Dec 01, 2013 09:00AM) (new)

Dana Smythe | 273 comments Mod
Okay, so here we go - our very first writing contest! At the moment our only prize is the glory and pride of winning, but we'll see what we can do to improve upon that.

The challenge: write and submit a short story by December 12th, and put your talent to the test! We may have themes for future contests, but for this first one we're going to keep the options wide open, and see what you've got. : )

Entries must be:
1. Submitted between November 28th and Dec 12th.
2. At least 500 words long, and no more than 5,000 words long.
3. A self-contained story – in other words, please do not submit an excerpt from a larger work, such as the first chapter of a novel that you’re working on.
4. Your own work!

How to submit an entry:
1. Fill out the entry information in the Submissions thread
2. Email your story to writerscafe.submissions@gmail.com
3. Make sure that you hear back from a mod to confirm that your entry was received!

If you have questions, and you very well may have questions, since this is a very bare-bones post so far, I’m going to start a Q&A thread, so feel free to use it!

message 2: by Dana (new)

Just a few days left to enter the contest!
Come on everyone - remember, the minimum is only 500 words, so everyone should be able to put something together by Thursday! : )

message 3: by S.B. (new)

S.B. Redstone (sbredstone) | 3 comments I am sending my short story, The Waterbed, to you.

S. B. Redstone

message 4: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Browne (victoriabrowne) Oh no I've left this so late. Ok it's not all lost, I have some work on my computer that I could develop on and submit. When I get home ill give it a crack. Common everyone, if I can do it with one day to go you can, even if it means staying up till the small hour :) no pain no gain!

message 5: by Dana (new)

That's the spirit! : )

message 6: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (last edited Dec 12, 2013 11:23AM) (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) nice one Victoria. Write write write!!

message 7: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (last edited Dec 12, 2013 11:27AM) (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Yeah, Victoria! I look forward to your work :)

message 8: by Dana (new)

Last day to enter your stories! : )