Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

The Blemished (Blemished, #1)
This topic is about The Blemished
Group Reads > December Group Read - The Blemished

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rebecca (rebeccas_books) | 340 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss the December Group Read, The Blemished. Please try not to post any spoilers, thank-you!

message 2: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) | 661 comments Mod
I bought this after reading My Daylight Monsters which I got for review, so having read Sarah Dalton before I have super high hopes!

I started it when I got it but when I saw it was one of the choices for up-coming group reads I put it aside. It was a good start so I can't wait to get into it again :)

message 3: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm really enjoying this so far.

In fact, I'm thinking about buying it for a friend who has a penchant for dystopian novels even if the paperback's a little pricey.

message 4: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

I only started reading this yesterday and I'm around 14% into it at the moment. Loving it so far :)

Griffin Keener (Griffin_Keener) | 7 comments How do I get a copy of The Blemished?

message 6: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Griffin wrote: "How do I get a copy of The Blemished?"

Hi Griffin, you just have to contact the author here on GoodReads and let her know you're wanting to read it for the group read: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 7: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished this yesterday and wrote the review today. I loved it! Definitely want to read the next in the series.

Review is up here:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 8: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 9: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Dalton (sarahdalton) | 5 comments Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you for your reviews!

If you have any questions about the books I'd love to answer them. :)

Sarah

message 10: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new) - rated it 4 stars

In which case, what's the best order to read the rest? There's a few companion books, would you recommend reading them along with the Blemished Trilogy or reading them after?

message 11: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Dalton (sarahdalton) | 5 comments Ooh, good question. I would read the series: The Bemished, The Vanished, The Fractured: Elena, The Fractured: Maggie, and then The Unleashed.

The two Fractured novellas actually follow the storyline and enrich the final book. They aren't essential reading, but I think they help everything into place. Not that many people actually read them though. Most seem to stick to the main trilogy. I'm thinking of putting together a boxed set with all of them in order.

message 12: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

I definitely want to read the next book in the trilogy, but I'd love to read the companion books too. Something about Elena made me want to know more about her, so her book would be interesting.

message 13: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Dalton (sarahdalton) | 5 comments Elena was definitely one of my favourite characters to write. She started off as just a bully, and I planned to make her scenes a small subplot, but she ended up humanising the GEMs. I never wanted the world to be good versus evil, and even characters who are almost completely bad, like Mrs Murgatroyd, have reasons why they've become like they are.

With Elena's novella, I actually think it could have been a full length novel. I just didn't have enough time to make it one!

Anyway, enjoy :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Daylight Monsters (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Dalton (other topics)