What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA Ballet Book- I think it is a series or came in a set

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina M. | 2 comments I am trying to remember the name of a book or set of YA books I read in the 1980's. I remember following a very serious ballet student, female, who finally made it to a company level. She struggled as a ballerina although she was quite talented. She fought with her parents about how seriously she took it, and I remember multiple scenes of her inspecting her always bloody feet.... I thought it was called Ballet Shoes- but that had three girls in it. I think there were multiple books because I feel like I followed her in 3 books or so. Anyone know what I'm thinking about?

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim (celticoracle) | 27 comments Is it the Satin Slippers series? First book To Be A Dancer?

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina M. | 2 comments I feel like the character in that was too old for me at 10 years of age. I don't think it was it. I feel like it was a bit younger as Satin Slippers discusses drug use etc,

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (vocalise) | 27 comments Could it be the Maggie Adams series? They were published in the 1980s.
Maggie Adams Dancer (R) by Karen Strickler Dean
Karen Strickler Dean also wrote other ballet books, too.

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 5 comments What about the Drina series by Jean Estoril? She's young (she's probably around 10 when the series starts); she lives with her grandparents, and I don't remember any fighting, but maybe some worries about *how* serious she took her dancing; and she's extremely talented for her age, like you mentioned.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Christina, are you still looking for this? Was it Emily's or Tiffany's suggestion?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Maggie Adams, Dancer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karen Strickler Dean (other topics)