Bookeaters discussion

Group Stuff > Group Changes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 3024 comments Mod
So, this group has become a bit of a ghost town. Some of our beloved members, including myself, are less active than before. To remedy this, I want to mix up things a little. Actually, a lot.

I want this group to have a little more of a purpose. Something that will set us apart from the other groups on here. Because I feel like a lot of people looking for groups to join pass over us, 'cause we don't have anything (noticeably) new to offer them.

So...what do you want out of this group? Of all the groups that you are a part of, what things do you not see that you want more of?

Once you have that in mind, I need a few suggestions.

1. New name. This one is a tad silly...every member of Goodreads is a bookeater.

2. New folders. The contest and room folders stay, though.

And...other stuff. Just...what sort of group do you want to be a part of that you haven't found yet?

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 2533 comments Mod
part of me thinks changing things up to get other people interested in the group is a good call. but the other part of me... the other part of me doesn't really want any new people. there are so many people who have joined this group and written in the new people thing (which i know is only called "new people" in wwac, but. ya know) but then they don't actually do anything ever again. and i dunno, i know that sev is never on and neither is jude and sometimes you and i and other peoples kinda suck on being online because school. but... i don't want what happened to wwac will happen here, that all these people came (not talking about anyone here, don't worry) and spam the whole group and it's like, who are these people? why do we care? so many of the people who i care about don't post on certain threads anymore because of these random people who now, like, think they're in control of the group. and it's just... no. not okay. you can't just do that. and you guys are all awesome and i don't want all these people to come in and make this group all stupid and i just *sighs* i dunno. but i feel really conflicted.

message 3: by Taylor (new)

Hehehe...I think, though, that we're all in that awkward "random people" stage at some point. TBH, that's part of the reason why we broke off of WWAC, because we were spamming the living daylights out of them. So...we just have to keep people interested enough to actually become regular members who actually add something to the group.

message 4: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments I am afraid I am really having to agree with Sam here. I don't want this place to become a complete ghost town, but I don't want people coming in and changing it up. There is a reason I don't really talk in most groups. Random chat is fun to me, and sensitive people who don't like that are just lame to even be around.

But in my opinion, most groups seem to be popular and full of people if the have some form of rpg-ing. Not necessarily saying that this group needs one, but it is a thought. And I have been around quite a few other groups, probably not as many as some of you, but a good number of groups, and they seem to be dead until summer time. And I have noticed this with a few other websites that I go to. It seems to matter what you do, it become a temporary ghost town until school is out.

As for the title, I think Bookeaters is fairly good, but I am just that type of person that doesn't entirely care if it changes, as long as it isn't something stupid. Sure everyone on Goodreads is a bookeater, but we are like The Bookeaters. If we are to change our name, it should probably be based off of the majority of our threads are. Currently most of our threads are just random spam topics, (because we can't stay focused on anything for more than 3 minutes) but that might help use come up with a fairly unique name. I currently don't have any on the top of my head, but I am sure I'll come up with something.

Actually as soon as I finished writing that last part, something did come up. We could name our group E.P.I.C. Just an idea, but I am pretty sure you guys might remember something about me and Sev talking about it. Her and I used to be part of a group on a different website with a few other girls, but eventually 2 of the girls left. But anyway, E.P.I.C stands for Extraordinary Penguins In Crime. It might be a could eye catcher and get people to want to check it out.

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 2533 comments Mod
*she and i. sorry. pet peeve.

penguins?

please no roleplay please please please

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of roleplay sections in groups. >.> Though I do like doing it, it's just…weird. There is a right way to do roleplay, and most people don't do it.

message 7: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments I know exactly what you mean. But it was just a suggestion if your really clueless or something to keep this discussion going. I am not a big fan of rp's either, but everyone else seems to like them.

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) | 3543 comments Mod
*Is on the side that doesn't want new people because we are all a happy family and LET'S NOT ADOPT MORE CHILDREN*

But I miss Sev. And Jude. :(

message 9: by Taylor (new)

Alright. Be that as it may, we still need to reorganize this place a little. Suggestions?

Uh... XD

message 11: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments Ok what happened to WWAC? I need a rundown on everything that's happened while I've been gone.

message 12: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments You don't know how lost I am right now. XD

message 13: by Taylor (new)

I don't even know. Although I spend a lot of time on GR, I have to still balance it with school, and so I haven't really been there in a few weeks.

JUDEEEEEEE

message 16: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments me.

message 17: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments then anyone who knows, what happened to wwac? do i know these people who are ruining it?

Jude wrote: "then anyone who knows, what happened to wwac? do i know these people who are ruining it?"

I dunno. XD

But anyway...

JUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

message 21: by Taylor (new)

Please don't spam. Shanks.

Miss…Waitwhat? [Taylor] wrote: "Please don't spam. Shanks."

*Le sigh*

message 23: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Jude wrote: "then anyone who knows, what happened to wwac? do i know these people who are ruining it?"

I dunno. XD"

very observant, i see. XD

Yup. :)

message 25: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments heheheh

message 26: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Jude wrote: "then anyone who knows, what happened to wwac? do i know these people who are ruining it?"

You know, not to admit being completely out of the loop, I actually have no idea what wwac is. Full name anyone?

message 27: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments writers who are children.

message 29: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Oh duh!!! Thank you Jude! I totally thought it was something else.

message 30: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments :)

message 31: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments I don't go there much, and i just joined but 2 weeks ago, so I have no idea if anything happened to it.

message 32: by Sevania (new)

Sevania (sevthedev) | 1572 comments Alina wrote: "I am afraid I am really having to agree with Sam here. I don't want this place to become a complete ghost town, but I don't want people coming in and changing it up. There is a reason I don't reall..."

Evil* Evil penguins in crime

message 33: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Oh, I thought it was extraordinary, but evil now rings a bell :P

message 35: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Sev, 3 other girls on a different site and me. It was a little group we were part of, before everyone stopped coming to the site.

message 36: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments SEV!!!!!

message 37: by Sevania (new)

Sevania (sevthedev) | 1572 comments HEY JUDE!!!!

message 38: by Taylor (new)

*chuckles*

message 40: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments TAKE A SAD SONG

I LEARNED HOW TO PLAY THAT ON THE PIANO

message 42: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments YAY FOR YOU :D YOU MUST THINK OF ME EVERY TIME YOU PLAY IT. ^_^ XD

You want me to lie and say I do? :p

message 44: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments XD

YES. LIE.

message 46: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments XD,
I think Jude was making more of a command then a question. :P

message 48: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Now, don't judge me for suggesting these, it's just what I found in other groups that seemed popular.

1. Truth or Dare
2. two truths and one lie (not my personal favorite, but...)
3. A chat about something everyone really likes, so a movie and/or book and/or actor or actress.
4. Be having poem contests all the time
5. I'll come up with more later :P

message 49: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments And we can call Truth and Dare something a little more creative, I was kinda going along the lines of Shakespeare style, so Trueth and Dareth.

message 50: by Dana (new)

Dana (danachewy) | 345 comments oh my gosh a virtual truth or dare sounds like a lot of fun, especially since a lot of us are all virtual strangers (i mean, we still don't know a lot lot about each other)

« previous 1 3