Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Wrong picture

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 38 comments Hi.

I just added my paperback, using the Amazon photo. Unfortunately I didn't notice that I' should have cropped the photo, and the cover is now showing with the "Look Inside" tag, which I feel is misleading. Is it possible for someone to change this for me, so the "Look inside" tag doesn't show, please? Or just remove it so I can show,the cropped image? I have a giveaway pending for this book, too, and I'm assuming the photo on that will automatically update when the cover is corrected.

Thanking you in advance.

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Done.

message 3: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 38 comments Thank you loads. Much appreciated.

message 4: by Sid (new)

Sid Goodman | 3 comments My book, Zylan's Messegers does not show the cover. It is an Amazon book. What can I do?

message 5: by Sid (new)

Sid Goodman | 3 comments I have tried to upload the photo but it just won't finish. It just sits there. What am I doing wrong?

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Hi Sid,

Covers should be fixed now. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you, but I did notice that your book was the victim of a bad database import from Amazon that's been popping up recently. I have corrected the ISBN13 on the paperback edition, the ASIn on the kindle, and deleted a duplicate that I think was created during the bad import. Your cover is now up on both editions. Let us know if we can do anything else.

message 7: by Sid (new)

Sid Goodman | 3 comments Thanks so much for the help. It looks fine now.