Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Invent Something Magical

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Julia Following the rules of the Harry Potter world, invent something magical. It can be a spell; or a device; or a place.

The only rules:
1) It can't break any existing rules created by J.K. Rowling for the Harry Potter universe.
2) It can't be something that already exists in the world created by J.K. Rowling.

Esther Bae Hmmm... How about:

The Time Showing Spell: Chronologicos
The Viewing Spell: Visitoble
The Potion: Amortentes: Makes the drinker more attractive, giving the drinker the ability to get the girl/boy the drinker likes, and keep the love staying.

AgCl The Hogwarts Airbus

Marlene Ocampo Esther wrote: "Hmmm... How about:

The Time Showing Spell: Chronologicos
The Viewing Spell: Visitoble
The Potion: Amortentes: Makes the drinker more attractive, giving the drinker the ability to get the girl/boy ..."

I think Amortentes breaks some of J.K.'s rules, partially. The drink would probably make the drinker more attractive and able to "get" the desired person, but Love cannot be artificially created. Love is a deep and powerful bond that no magic can recreate or undo, and no magic can make it stay when it isn't there.

Julia Eris Maximilian Vakarian wrote: "Love cannot be artificially created"

True: But if all it does is make the drinker more attractive, than all it does is get attention from the desired person, creating an opportunity for the two to get to know each other and create a real bond. Thus, the magic didn't create Love. It just creates opportunity. Nothing against the rules there.

After the two have gotten to know each other and formed a real bond based on something other than the drinker's looks, the drinker can gradually reduce their dosage. As you get to like somebody, they naturally start to look more attractive. So as the drinker's magical attractiveness decreases, the desired's perception of their real attractiveness will be increasing naturally. This adds to the possibility of a real connection.

And, if there's nothing there naturally, then no bond will be formed. The desired's head will turn, that's all.

I imagine it would also have a significant placebo affect too. You know how Ron's confidence excelled when he thought he had taken Liquid Luck? That confidence made him a greater quidditch player. Similarly, if somebody thought they had taken Amortentes, they would have the confidence people get from knowing they are beautiful. That confidence would, in turn, make them look more attractive and create the same opportunity.

It would have other applications as well. If somebody really wants to go to the prom, they just drink some potion and they will surely get asked out. Have a job interview? Making yourself more attractive will make the interviewers more open to the idea of having you around every day and make you more confident in your interview.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Amortentes. Good one, Esther.

message 6: by Caroline (last edited Nov 30, 2013 07:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caroline What about:
Acriglot: Makes the target's tongue burn(like with acid)
Flying Powder: Sprinkle it on any object, and it'll float. If the ratio between powder amount and mass of object is greater, it will float higher.

Esther, could you explain Chronologicos?

These already exist, but the incantations haven't been invented-
Plusebestial: Slug-Vomiting Charm
Aculei: Stinging Hex

Marlene Ocampo Julia wrote: "Eris Maximilian Vakarian wrote: "Love cannot be artificially created"

True: But if all it does is make the drinker more attractive, than all it does is get attention from the desired person, crea..."

Well, harrumph, harrumph! ;)

Kate Oh oh I have a REALLY good one!

Kate Its called Drakona. Its a very rare dragon, so rare there is only ONE in the whole entire wizarding world! It has five heads and can talk in human. The largest head sits in the middle of the heads and is called the Cobra. It posses the power of water. The force of is water power can leave giant dents in the ground as if a meteor had stuck! The other heads posses the power of Electricity (electric blue color), Wind (pink color), Heat/Fire (yellow), and plant growth (lime green). When one head dies, a new head will grow in from anywhere to 2 to 4 weeks. If the cobra dies, the Electricity or Heat head will move slowly towards the center and gradually turn indigo. This dragon never dies altogether unless all the heads die or are killed at the same time. Do you think this is long enough?

message 10: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Acriglot: Makes the target's tongue burn(like with acid)
Flying Powder: Sprinkle it on any object, and it'll float. If the ratio between powder amount and mass of object is greater, it will float higher.
This is really cool, Caroline!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

proiiciatur lapis-it throws rocks at the enemies

I know, not very creative. It's all I could think of for right now. Sorry

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

WAIT! a place?

Saltus-it means forest planet. There are all the magical creatures that you can think of and animals so exotic you wouldn't even dream of them! I know it's not creative, but I think it's better than my first. Perhaps you'll know where I got it if you ask: )

message 13: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Nebulara plant: a purple green fern that oozes honeylike sap. It could help wizards who are starving, but wizards must be careful harvesting it because if the plant is startled, it will explode and cover everything within an 8-meter distance with poisonous, unripe honeysap.

Kayla Rayne The enchanted knitting needles. These knitting needles knit articles of clothing, blankets, hand towels, etc. and imbues its articles with magical powers. For example, curse proof sweater. Possibly a blanket that changes temperatures based on the weather so you never overheat or feel cold.