Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Tantor Audio Bargains

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilmissmolly (new)

Lilmissmolly | 58 comments If you enjoy listening to books via CD's, you should check out Tantor Audio's Bargain Bin. From what I could tell, all CD's in the bargain bin are only $6.99, no matter what the normal retail price was. I bought 7 unabridged books for less than $50 last week. I was not charged tax or shipping either. I think I've copied the link correctly: http://www.tantorlibrary.com/BookList...
Good luck in finding a few gems!

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments Sounds great!

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Just a quick question about Tantor's sale and their Beta website. There is a book I'm interested in that is available as a download on the Beta site but not on the original site. Has anyone used the beta site to make a purchase yet? Are we supposed to continue using the original site or does it matter?

message 4: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments tomorrow only for cyber monday tantor has their downloads for 4.99. I noticed the beta site has several books that are available as downloads not on the regular site so you might want to try shopping the beta site.

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Thank you Moriah. I was wondering if they would have that sale this year. I thought maybe they wouldn't since they had the 50% off sale through the end of the year.

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments Today only (Cyber Monday), all audio downloads at Tantor are 4.99! O_O

I am now seriously poor...

message 7: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Has anyone ever purchased a title as a direct download from Tantor and then have it disappear from your bookshelf at a later date? I bought Suzanne Enoch's The Devil Wears Kilts on Cyber Monday as part of their sale, and when I logged in today, it was missing from my bookshelf. Luckily I had already downloaded, but I don't like that it isn't showing on my bookshelf and after looking at the listing for the book on their site, it doesn't appear they are offering the title as a download anymore.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Tantor is in the process of changing over to a new site. There may be an issue there. I'd certainly call. Will you share what you discover?

message 9: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Tantor is in the process of changing over to a new site. There may be an issue there. I'd certainly call. Will you share what you discover?"

I did email them and I'll let you know what they tell me. I looked on both the beta site and the original site and it is not on either one. When I bought it, it only showed up on the beta site as available for direct download.

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Moriah wrote: "Has anyone ever purchased a title as a direct download from Tantor and then have it disappear from your bookshelf at a later date? I bought Suzanne Enoch's The Devil Wears Kilts on Cyber Monday as..."

All of mine are still available for download on my bookshelf on the beta site. I didn't check the original site. I did notice that that particular book was only available for download on one of the two sites the other day. Maybe the problem is just with that particular book. I hope you get it all straightened out.

message 11: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments If anyone is experiencing any issues with the Beta or our regular site please contact our customer service representatives so we can assist you!

service@tantor.com
877-782-6867 toll free in U.S.

Thanks so much,
Cassie
Tantor Marketing Project Manager

message 12: by Moriah (last edited Dec 18, 2013 05:41PM) (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Moriah wrote: "Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Tantor is in the process of changing over to a new site. There may be an issue there. I'd certainly call. Will you share what you discover?"

I did email them and I'll let ..."

I emailed Tantor twice and finally got a response. The title I bought was buggy and shouldn't have been available as a download from their site. They've refunded the purchase amount and also given me a coupon for two downloads. Totally happy with the response I received.

Update, had to email about "The Untamed Mackenzie" that I bought as part of the same order that is not showing on my bookshelf now. If anyone else bought this as a download, you might want to check your bookshelf.

message 13: by Maria Rose (new)

Maria Rose Hi Everyone, I'm new to this group (suggested by Audiogals). I got a twitter post yesterday from Sarah Wendell of Smart Bitches Trashy Books that if you use the code SBMAR14 you can get any romance audiobooks from Tantor that are digital downloads for $6.99. You put the code in the coupon section at checkout. It only applies to Tantor audio downloads, not CDs or the books that are only available at audible - it has to say Tantor Download. I bought several books this morning from Julie James, Jill Shalvis, Carey Heywood, Cara McKenna and Pamela Clare. It's a great sale if you need to get some new audiobooks! You won't see the 6.99 price until you enter the coupon code of course - most of the books were averaging $15 before the code went in.

message 14: by D.G. (last edited Mar 19, 2014 10:47AM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Thanks for the info, Maria. If only Tantor would bring their website to the 21st century and allow us to sort by more than one variable!

If I go to the Romance audiobooks, there's no way to find out which are only Tantor Downloads. And if I go to Tantor Downloads, then I have to sort through dozens of other genres that don't interest me.

Sigh...

message 15: by Maria Rose (new)

Maria Rose D.G. wrote: "Thanks for the info, Maria. If only Tantor would bring their website to the 21st century and allow us to sort by more than one variable!

If I go to the Romance audiobooks, there's no way to find o..."

I know, it is annoying the way you can't edit and sort that! But I knew I wanted some Karen White narrated books so I typed that into the search function to isolate them. Did this with Lucy Rivers as well. I wish all of Julie James were available as Tantor downloads but only 2 were (so I bought those) I was hoping for some of Lauren Dane narrated by Lucy Rivers but the Brown family series is not available as a Tantor Download. Anyway, if you know of a favourite author or narrator it's a bit easier to page through. Mind you this didn't stop me from going through whole romance list!

message 16: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments You can sort easier on the Beta site. Just go to Fiction-Romance-Download Now. I don't know why they still have the 2 sites. They've had the beta site going for quite awhile now.

http://beta.tantor.com/

message 17: by Maria Rose (new)

Maria Rose Angie wrote: "You can sort easier on the Beta site. Just go to Fiction-Romance-Download Now. I don't know why they still have the 2 sites. They've had the beta site going for quite awhile now.

http://beta.ta..."

I haven't heard of the beta site, I just know www.tantor.com - thanks for the info!

message 18: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Angie wrote: "You can sort easier on the Beta site. Just go to Fiction-Romance-Download Now. I don't know why they still have the 2 sites. They've had the beta site going for quite awhile now.

http://beta.ta..."

Thank you Angie! You're a life saver!!

message 19: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments I don't know if it's just my computer, but when I've looked at the beta site, it doesn't show all the downloads that are available at the regular Tanor site.

message 20: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments They're still doing software updates on the beta site. I just got an e-mail today asking if I were still willing to help them test the beta site. They responded that I should await the URL so I don't know if they will have a different URL or upload new software to that beta site. The changes on the beta site are definitely in the right direction. I did send many suggestions and bug details to them the first time I beta tested.