Academy of Magic discussion

Roleplay! > Class: Math

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by FantasyFan J, Light the fires! (last edited Mar 10, 2014 08:22PM) (new)

FantasyFan J (ff101spch) | 691 comments Teaacher: Hubert Gutermouth

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

(Do we use first person or third?)

message 3: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) {Third is better, since we know who you are, right?}

message 4: by FantasyFan J, Light the fires! (new)

FantasyFan J (ff101spch) | 691 comments (third. also, use the name you put in the 'Introduce Yourself'. I don't want to get mixed up.

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 22 comments Audrey fiddled with her pencil, watching the hologram teacher be translated into Russian. глупый! I'm stuck in this stupid classroom!

message 6: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) [Beijing]

Alessia hated Chinese. But she loved Math. So that compensated. She sighed as the hologram teacher began class. "同学们,好。 今天,来我教你数学。" Duh, this is Math class. Of course you're teaching us Math. She stood up and bowed to the teacher, in union with the rest of the class, "老师好。"

~Defender of the Shire~ (defenderoftheshire) Naomi stared at her math textbook, cursing the existence of geometry in her mind. She was able to do the math--she just hated it intensely.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Makayla watched her teacher as he wrote numbers on the board. She knew from talking to the other students that the hologram spoke the language of the country you were in, so she was relieved she'd stayed with Sydney. Otherwise, the teacher would have been speaking gibberish.

message 9: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) {You? Wow. I get A+ in both Science and Math, but my language, it sucks. xP}

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

The teacher finished talking and Makayla started writing down the notes on the board.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

((what?))

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

((oh I didnt' see what Alessia said. Oops))

message 13: by alessia (last edited Nov 25, 2013 08:29PM) (new)

alessia (classick) ~Nobody~♫And The Walls Kept Tumbling Down♫~ wrote: "((Lol! XD.))"

{I know right? During Chinese class, I just sit there like a robot.}

[Beijing]

"谁可以告诉我..." the Math teacher droned on and on, and Alessia didn't mind. She jotted down everything needed to be on her worksheet and notebooks. "二十一加五十三加四十七倍二", Alessia wrote "21 + 53 + 47 x 2" It was easy, but then again, she was to do the sum in two seconds. She racked her mind over and over again, trying to do the sums as fast as she could.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Makayla yawned and rested her head on the desk. She was usually good at maths, A+ standard, but today she was just exhausted.

message 15: by FantasyFan J, Light the fires! (last edited Nov 26, 2013 02:58PM) (new)

FantasyFan J (ff101spch) | 691 comments ((NEW YORK)) Jason focused on his problem. '¼²+110÷2=' Jason hated exponents. What am I doing here? Still he thought hard. "¼ x ¼ = 1/16 + 110 = 110 1/16 ÷ 2 = 55.03125." How on earth did I just do it?

message 16: by Audrey (last edited Nov 26, 2013 01:39PM) (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 22 comments [Moscow]

Смотри на меня не волнует, ты, тупой учитель математики! See me not care, you stupid math teacher! Audrey sketched in her notebook, bored to death.
"алгебра легко. (Algebra is easy)," the math teacher said. Audrey tried to keep from laughing. Это мило. That's cute.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Makayla sighed and did the first problem. One of the advantages of the teacher being a hologram was that the teacher couldn't yell at her, it was programmed on a set course.

message 18: by FantasyFan J, Light the fires! (new)

FantasyFan J (ff101spch) | 691 comments The hologram babbled on and on, but Jason didn't care. I just answered '¼ x ¼ = 1/16 + 110 = 110 1/16 ÷ 2 = 55.03125,' and here the teacher is still blabbing. I wish the program could translate into German so I don't have to listen. Jason looked down to his next problem.

239786078653.81 + 2345754.17 x 57 ÷ 2 =

Jason thought before putting down "239852932648". The bell rang. Finally.

message 19: by Audrey (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 22 comments [Moscow]
Audrey closed the book and the teacher stopped speaking. "See you later, math teacher." Why was she even in this school anyway? Why did she have to control all the dark things in the earth. It'd be way better if she was out there somewhere, in space. Da. That'd be nice.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Makayla sighed in relief when the class finished. She packed up her book and pencil case and, feeling foolish, waved at the teacher as she left the room.

message 21: by Audrey (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 22 comments Of course, the teacher couldn't see or hear her. This wasn't art class, it was math. She'd have to be there the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that. What was the point?

message 22: by Jessica~We Are All Heathens~ (last edited Nov 28, 2013 06:24PM) (new)

Jessica~We Are All Heathens~ (puppyluvr) Melinda was writing down her answers furiously on a sheet of paper.

message 23: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) [Beijing]

Alessia twirled her pencil in her hand. She wasn't listening anymore, much because the teacher was moving on to something she knew ever since she was born. Okay, that was exaggerated. She sighed and scanned her classroom. She felt so...different. Everyone was concentrated. Everyone else was fire, water or metal. In the Chinese elements. But electricity was just so rarely seen. She couldn't understand them and none of them could understand her. She sighed again and turned back to the classroom front. She stared blankly at the hologram, and wondered exactly how many people could snuff it out with their plain will like her.

message 24: by Audrey (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 22 comments ((I like Alessia's mindset.))
[Moscow]
She had to stay late after class? What? нет! She apparently was told to start another math class in place of Gym. Why? She didn't know. She was athletic enough to do a triathlon in record time. She'd beat everyone, and I mean everyone, in the Magic Industry. The torches as she called the Light magicians, figured she was too fast. The only people that had a chance at beating her were the Lightning people, but even then.

message 25: by Ebony (new)

Ebony Ebony' s head rested on her desk as she snored away. Paying attention in class took too much effort.

~Defender of the Shire~ (defenderoftheshire) By the end of class, Naomi decided she hated triangles. Who the heck cared about finding the angle when you only knew the sine of the triangle but not the cosine or tangent? Or when you didn't even have the sine?

Naomi was anxious about improving in math and feared she wouldn't do well on her test, but she was a little relieved when the bell rang.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"FINALLY." Savannah exclaimed, sitting in the dark corner seat in the class. Nobody had even noticed her come through the window at the beginning of class, lifted silently to her desk by the tree outside. "We can go."

message 28: by FantasyFan J, Light the fires! (new)

FantasyFan J (ff101spch) | 691 comments Jason packed his bags, only wishing that the same class wouldn't be tomorrow, and the day after, etc. As he walked out of the class, the hologram said "Goodbye!"

message 29: by SHINY, TIME FREEZE! (。◕‿◕。) (new)

SHINY | 1090 comments [Ontario]

"Ugh... Not math class again, this class is so boring." said Jane as she entered the classroom and walked towards her desk.