Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

which character in this book you hates the most?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A (new) - rated it 3 stars

A Personally, I hate KATNISS!! Confused, bitter and unhappy with everything

message 2: by Iris (last edited Nov 25, 2013 10:31AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Iris I don't think I hate any of them (well, Gale maybe) but I do dislike a bunch. I dislike Katniss, Gale, Coin.

Katniss doesn't know her own mind and is too easily swayed or confused. She makes a small problem bigger with this trait.

Gale doesn't know when enough is enough. Part of life is to know when to play your hand and when to fold. He should have played his hand way earlier than he did and when he should have folded he shoved all in, ruining the small chance he had of winning in the first place and jeopardizing Peeta's chance as well.

And Coin is just evil, she was a fake leader with false emotions. But then again she was the bad guy so I guess that's forgivable.

But since the book elicits strong emotion in its reader I guess that means that the characters are good after all...hmm...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone except Johanna.

Rjmiller Peeta. He's essentially useless and isn't interesting in the least. Talk about flat characters. He also comes off as creepy with the way he is so devoted to Katniss but knows absolutely nothing about her. If this were real life, everyone would be screaming that Katniss needs to get a restraining order. And talk about a manipulative person, he basically manipulates Katniss into a relationship and then can't get out because her family will be killed if she tries. And at the end of the book, he comes to her house and starts planting bushes. Stalker!! And then with the way she describes giving in to him and having kids (with no names). My guess is he slipped some kind of drug into her bread.

Peeta (and Ms Collins) sends all kinds of wrong messages to girls about what love should be.

message 5: by Matej (last edited Nov 29, 2013 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Matej The most I hate Susanne herself :D

But really, i really do not like Katniss & Peeta, Coin, Snow, Plutarch, three stalkers (Venia and other two dont remember names); and that´s basically it.

It would be better to say which characters i DO like. Haymitch in the first place, he made this more realistic than any other character, by his ultimate alcohol solution. Gale, because imo, he didn´t do anything wrong at all. Cinna looked fine. Others aren´t worth mentioning. Uh, I forgot Finnick, really liked this guy (plus Annie, they were kinda nice to read about).
Katniss is just selfish ****.
Peeta seems so childish and awkward. (His name is funny as well, very funny. Sorry.)
Coin for being so badass.
Snow for being so badass, reminded me of Satan, and his lies to Adam and Eve.
Plutarch, for manipulating many things, even he looked like a decent man.
Adn finally: Susanne, for writing such a bad trilogy, on which so many young people hang...

Matilda Rose I didn't like Gale.
And of course I didn't always like Katniss, but that seems to be the point Collins is making, the main character is not perfect, which I really like, so that's confusing.
I REALLY liked Haymitch, Finnick, Cinna and Johanna.
Yeah, it's really just Gale I had a problem with.

Charlotte President Coin because her way of handling the world was no better than President Snows. Also, President Snow for obvious reasons.

Ayesha Katniss

message 10: by Bridget (last edited Dec 03, 2013 05:50PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bridget Marvel because he kill Rue.
Gale because he killed Prim.
President snow for obvious reasons.
Enobaria because of how she is famous (ripping out the throat of another tribute) and she altered her teeth to be razor sharp.
Plutarch for being as manipulating as every other Head Gamekeeper.
Coin who authorized the bombing that killed Prim.
I also hate the other characters who had a part in killing the rest of my favorite characters (Finnick, Cinna, Thresh, Wiress, Mags, Madge, and Boggs).
Also I stopped liking Katniss in the third book until she assassinated Coin.

I liked Haymitch, Peeta, Effie, Johanna, and Beetee(2nd book).

message 11: by Iris (new) - rated it 2 stars

Iris Brooke wrote: "Everyone except Johanna."

True that lol. She was the best.

Aline All of them...I hate this book ending

message 13: by Ray (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ray http://i.imgur.com/Frh0oBV.jpg

Many characters. Very hate.

Wow.

message 14: by Felicia (last edited Dec 17, 2013 01:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Felicia President Coin

Work_in_progress Sibal wrote: "Personally, I hate KATNISS!! Confused, bitter and unhappy with everything"

Why did you finish the series. If you hate the main character that seems like a waste of time

Jayla gale because his jealousy gets in the way and he is a complete traitor and dummy because he didn't even say goodbye to katniss and just left to district 2

Nikita Coin, because she is just evil and really worse than Snow.

Mellisa Assa Absolutely Snow because he is the source of all problems and chaos.

angel Ray wrote: "http://i.imgur.com/Frh0oBV.jpg

Many characters. Very hate.

Wow."

Haha love that pic

message 20: by Carolina (new)

Carolina I don't hate katniss, but she is so annoying with her whining along the whole series. The movie shows such a stronger girl, not that doubtful but the authors yaps about her feelings for gale, for peeta, this and that. I dont hate her, but deff not my favorite.
I don't hate the characters really, but the ending was such bullshit I cant help hate but the whole book!

message 21: by A (new) - rated it 3 stars

A Megan wrote: "Sibal wrote: "Personally, I hate KATNISS!! Confused, bitter and unhappy with everything"

Why did you finish the series. If you hate the main character that seems like a waste of time"

Megan wrote: "Sibal wrote: "Personally, I hate KATNISS!! Confused, bitter and unhappy with everything"

Why did you finish the series. If you hate the main character that seems like a waste of time"

It's not like that I hate the other two books of this series. I Love catching fire but this series shouldn't be ended like the way it did. Many characters far more better than Katniss die for no reason. Finnick was my favourite and he was the best among all the characters.

Cassidy I disliked Snow and Coin for obvious reasons, as well as Peeta. Im sorry.. no actually i'm not. He came across as weak, creepy, and useless. He was too flat of a character and the only time i felt that he had any emotions was when he was hijacked by the Capitol... and thats sad because his brain had been altered and the emotions weren't even his own.

I also, (and please don't start a revolution when i say this... but) i didn't care for Prim. Yes, i realized how much she meant to Katniss, but she wasn't my favourite. As much as i was surprised when she died, i wasn't sad. She died to prove the same point Finnick did; there are always casualties in war. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Same goes for Rue. I liked her and all, but she wasn't my favourite. i knew that she wouldn't make it out of the Games. Snow let Peeta and Katniss live, yes, but they wouldn't have let Rue live as well. And if they were to make Katniss choose between saving Peeta, or saving Rue, she wouldn't have been able to make that choice. Therefore i tried not to make any connections with Rue as i knew she wouldn't live.

I loved Finnick, and watching Catching Fire made me realize how much i missed Johanna. She is definitely one of my favourites! Her sarcasm and personality are amazing.

Nicoleofan {mellie} Peeta!! And Effie

Sarah Enchanted Snow and Coin! Mostly snow.

Nicoleofan {mellie} I hat Snow, too.

Nicoleofan {mellie} Hate, not hat, sorry

Indira Katniss was annoying but I didn't hate her...however I did hate all the people from the capital.

message 28: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth Peeta seems so childish and awkward. (His name is funny as well, very funny.>>>

PEETA is named because His Family Are BAKERS, >PEETA as in the Bread... I thought that it was Obvious..
Katniss> is a Plant , since her Mother was a Healer & her Father Loved the Woods!! just thought that this would help you to understand the name choices!

message 29: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth Of course I do not like SNOW, for the obvious reasons..
even tho Katniss is the main character, & I Like her, But at times SHE REALLY got on my Nerves, If I could have I would of reached thru the pages to ring her neck a time or too.. Same goes for Effie.., Coin, well She was Just Arrogant & Not a True leader, She let the Authority go to her head!

Spammonia Rjmiller wrote: "Peeta. He's essentially useless and isn't interesting in the least. Talk about flat characters. He also comes off as creepy with the way he is so devoted to Katniss but knows absolutely nothing a..."

I second this. He's good at painting and throwing heavy bushels of flour. Yay he threw Cato to the dogs with his amazing strength!(book 1) Oh he's such a kind and uncorrupted soul, let's keep him alive!(book 2) Oh poor Peeta, we have to save this damsel in distress from the Capitol! He's suffering so much eating those lavish meals and being waited upon by Avoxes while those of us in District 13 are eating MREs and actually working to help others.

I also was annoyed by Gale, but Katniss should have seen the change in him right after he got lashed in public. That was her fault for still thinking he'd be the same old Gale, following her around the forest like a puppydog.