Young Writers discussion

Random > Help!! Assignment!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 5 comments I have an assignment for my creative writing class: i have to write a movie script and I have no idea how to end it.
Its about a girl- Jenna- who goes to a writing institute for a vacation to improve her writing. Her writing supervisor- ester- turns out to be very creepy.
In the past we know that jenna's parents were victims of a house fire
We learn that jenna is in a mental institute and that Esther is her nurse.
In the end i want the viewer to think: maybe jenna is not crazy after all, maybe ester id indeed the psycho bug i cant figure out how to do that in the last scene.
Thanks for ur help!!

message 2: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) | 3211 comments Umm. I don't know what to tell you about finishing it up...I feel I would have to know the script more. I guess just have Esther do or say something that tips the viewer off? I would have to know much more.
I just want to give you a word of warning...you have to be EXTREMELY careful if you're writing about stuff like mental institutes (I don't even think that is the politically correct term, but I may be wrong). Because they are places for real people with mental disorders, not monsters, and you have to be careful throwing around words like 'crazy'. Be careful writing your script or it will come out offensive.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris | 5 comments Yeah no worries... the word mental institute doesn't figure in the script anyway. But I'm just stuck at the ending :/

message 5: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I think they're called psychiatric hospitals nowadays.

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 3061 comments i thought a psychiatric hospital was something else. but i could have just made that up, so.