What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Cry
This topic is about The Cry
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. 2013 Australian novel about a child abduction, opening chapter has scene on a plane [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments I've only read a review of this book so have limited information, but would like to find it so I can read it!

It's an Australian novel which came out in 2013. I read the review just a few months ago, no earlier than September. It is about a couple whose child or baby is abducted. The review described the opening chapter where the couple are on a plane and their baby won't stop crying. I think later on the baby is abducted from their car while they are at a petrol station. I think they are either flying from Scotland to Australia, or vice versa.

I've tried searching the website of the newspaper where I read the review, but had no luck, and google hasn't helped either. Hoping this will ring a bell with someone!

message 2: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 33538 comments Mod
This is a long shot as only some elements match (e.g., child kidnapped at a petrol station in Ireland) - Taken by Niamh O'Connor?

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 3 comments Nope, that's not the one, but thanks for the suggestion.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments I've managed to solve this one myself by emailing the book reviews editor of the newspaper! If anyone is interested - it was The Cry by Helen Fitzgerald
The Cry

message 5: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 33538 comments Mod
Good for you, Rachel. Nice investigative work. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cry (other topics)
Taken (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Niamh O'Connor (other topics)