The Jolly Good Reading Society discussion

books starting 25th November > The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
Please discuss the book here :)

message 2: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella Gricius (advocate0802) | 3 comments Such an amazing novel :) I just finished today and let me just say... JK Rowling hasn't lost any of her potency since Harry Potter ^^

message 3: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Gabriella wrote: "Such an amazing novel :) I just finished today and let me just say... JK Rowling hasn't lost any of her potency since Harry Potter ^^"

I tried to read it and only got a few pages in and although I liked it, I don't think I was in the right mood for it at the time. How did you find the pacing? Slow or does it get a bit quicker as it goes along? =)

message 4: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella Gricius (advocate0802) | 3 comments Charlotte wrote: "Gabriella wrote: "Such an amazing novel :) I just finished today and let me just say... JK Rowling hasn't lost any of her potency since Harry Potter ^^"

I tried to read it and only got a few pages..."

Pacing wise.. it's kind of a paradox book. Because I feel like it should be pretty fast and I think it does as the book continues and things get really exciting, but that leg of his kind of slows it down :P But it's not like exposition the whole way through!