What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Boy who owns a chisel and chisels trees in a forest

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly I remember reading a book in primary school, I never finished it, so I don't know too much about it. I do remember that there was a boy, he goes into a forest to get away from life, (I guess) and he starts sculpting the trees with his chisel, I'm pretty sure he was trespassing. I'm almost certain he went to a boarding school. I really don't know that much about it at all. I remember it being scary and dark and I remember mum thinking the blurb was a bit too sinister for my age back then, haha! Can anyone help?

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Molly--where did you read this book? Do you think it was set in the US, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Australia, Canada, France where?

When did you read it? Do you think it was old or new then?

Where did you find the book. And why did you Mum think it was too sinister?

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly I read it in my primary school. I'm pretty such

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly Sure* it was set in England or America
I read it when I was about 10
It was pretty new, it was part of like a book buy we had every year where we got new books in for us to buy at my primary school
and because it was apparently a scary book, too scary for my age at the time

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Molly, are you still looking for this? If yes, what year did you read it? (No one knows when you were in primary school.)

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly I am indeed still looking for this.
It was probably about 2006.

message 7: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments You know, this reminds me of how I felt reading Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. There were sequels, including one called Brian's Return where the protagonist goes back into the wild after he has spoken with his school counselor and made a plan to go back to the wilderness. Sorry, I don't remember any specific plot points about sculpting trees, but any chance this is your book?

message 8: by Molly (new)

Molly I could possibly be, I never actually finished the book, so don't know too much about it, all I know os that he chisels some trees at some point near the beginning of the book. (I realize this is not much to go on.)

message 9: by Molly (new)

Molly It*

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Molly left the group. Moving to Abandoned.