The Writer's Cafe discussion

Random > Folder Request

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) If you want to request a new genre of stories/just another random folder, this is your place.

message 2: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 30 comments Can I plz have a folder for my writing? :)

message 3: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) GAB wrote: "Can I plz have a folder for my writing? :)"

Well, basically what we do is go to the folder genre you want to write, like "Romance" and post a thread there, starting your story. Not sure if I can give you a personal folder, 'cause then everyone will want one. :/ You see my dilemma?

message 4: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 30 comments Yeah that's fine. Thank u!

message 5: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) GAB wrote: "Yeah that's fine. Thank u!"

You're welcome :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

a topic for writing tips would be nice maybe?

message 7: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Rea wrote: "a topic for writing tips would be nice maybe?"

HA!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAH heh.
That was exactly what I was thinking yesterday!
Great minds think alike.

message 8: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Honeycutt (marissahoneycutt) | 64 comments I have two suggestions for folders. :)

Culture/language questions

and

General fiction (I wrote a story for a class and wanted to share, but it's not romance or fantasy or anything. Mystery, maybe.)

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana Smythe | 273 comments Mod
Those both seemed like great suggestions, so I hope Sparrow doesn't mind, but I went ahead and added them. : )

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophia wrote: "Rea wrote: "a topic for writing tips would be nice maybe?"

HA!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAH heh.
Great minds think alike."

scored! high five!! 8]

message 11: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (last edited Dec 07, 2013 12:44PM) (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Rea wrote: "Sophia wrote: "Rea wrote: "a topic for writing tips would be nice maybe?"

HA!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAH heh.
Great minds think alike."

scored! high five!! 8]"

indeedee. We are just amazing.

message 12: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Honeycutt (marissahoneycutt) | 64 comments lol Janosch.

How about a 'favorite lines' folder. Like, you've written a sentence you're particularly proud of and want to share...or a great line from another book.

just a thought...

message 13: by Lee-Ann (new)

Lee-Ann Liles | 6 comments My area is Creative Nonfiction. ie. Memoir, narrative, and so on. Can we have a folder for that area?

Thanks.

message 14: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Janosch wrote: "Let's make a flirt section! :D :3

Yesh yesh, lets do dis. *___* We writers need something for our hearts too! :D

Yay for spreading some love and sparkles!
WHO WANTS TO MARRY ME!!?!?!? .... oh..."

Hmmmm... I'll create a section where you can just put random stuff that isn't writing, and the flirt section, making new friends, or whatever could be a part of that. Is that okay?

Though - Do keep it PG, please. :D

message 15: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Lee-Ann wrote: "My area is Creative Nonfiction. ie. Memoir, narrative, and so on. Can we have a folder for that area?

Thanks."

Sure... I actually have no idea what that is, but I'll create the folder, and you can make the threads. :)

message 16: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) MG wrote: "lol Janosch.

How about a 'favorite lines' folder. Like, you've written a sentence you're particularly proud of and want to share...or a great line from another book.

just a thought..."

Sure! Coming soon :)

message 17: by Riley (new)

Riley Bryant (scarivace) | 84 comments I was wondering if anyone else would like a 'writing prompt' folder. Where there would be posted a prompt and people could submit items for a week or so from the same - and the next week would be another.

May be a lot of work, so don't know if you all want to add this to your already full plate.

message 18: by Dana (new)

Scarivace wrote: "I was wondering if anyone else would like a 'writing prompt' folder. Where there would be posted a prompt and people could submit items for a week or so from the same - and the next week would be ..."

Were you thinking it would be a rated sort of thing, with winners and all, or just to sort of see what people come up with?

message 19: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) That sounds quite fun! :D

message 20: by Lee-Ann (new)

Lee-Ann Liles | 6 comments Think David Sedaris, Lia Purpura, Joan Didion, Annie Dillard, James Frey, Nick Flynn...

Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Lee-Ann wrote: "My area is Creative Nonfiction. ie. Memoir, narrative, and so on. Can we have a folder for that area?

Thanks."

Sure... I actually have no idea what that is, but I'll create the fo..."

message 21: by Riley (new)

Riley Bryant (scarivace) | 84 comments I was thinking just a see what people come up with kinda thing. No rating, just the usual freindly comments from others.

message 22: by Dana (new)

That does sound fun - Sparrow, do you want to do that, or would you like me to set something up?

message 23: by Riley (new)

Riley Bryant (scarivace) | 84 comments I can take point on it if you want, but don't know what rights/authority I would need.

message 24: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) You'd need to be a mod... I think... Unfortunately, all the moderator positions are taken at this moment in time...

Dana - I don't mind taking care of it, I'll upload the folder soon. Thanks! :D

message 25: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Lee-Ann - Oh, okay :D Thanks :)

message 26: by Riley (new)

Riley Bryant (scarivace) | 84 comments Was a decision made not to do the writing prompt folder?

message 27: by Lee-Ann (new)

Lee-Ann Liles | 6 comments That would be great, but I don't know if I can make that decision. What do the administrators say?

message 28: by Riley (new)

Riley Bryant (scarivace) | 84 comments I don't know if I'm reading this right, but am still willing to take point if there is availability.

message 29: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Dat sounds good to me!

message 30: by Riley (new)

Riley Bryant (scarivace) | 84 comments Okeydoke. So what do I need to do?

message 31: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Uuuuuuuuh... Heh. I'm not really sure. You might want to ask ariane about that as I am still experimenting with folder creation. I shall try and make one now.

message 32: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (last edited Jan 09, 2014 08:20PM) (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Haha! The deed is done. It's in the Random folder and I have left it up to you to explain what it is about and for.