The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi, I'm new to the group...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 17, 2009 09:19AM) (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) Hi, my name is Jennifer and I just joined the group a few days ago. I joined Goodreads way back in September 2007, but really haven't been active until a few months ago.

I love the Summer 2009 Challenge here on the board and I'll be joining in. I'm almost finished another challenge from another book club on another website...reading 26 authors I've never read before, one for each letter of the alphabet (their last names). If you've never tried something like this, I highly recommend it. It really is a challenge, especially if you do it in alphabetical order...like I did! lol

A little about my reading...I'm NO WHERE near finished adding all the books from my TBR list or my shelves onto Goodreads, but I've made a little dent. My favourite genres are classics, historical fiction, fiction and non-fiction. This year, I'm making a conscious effort to read more classics and non-fiction. To date, my all-time favourite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.

Jennifer

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
Hello Jennifer, welcome to the group.
THe challenge thread is a huge newbie puller-inner :)
Cynthia does an excellent job with it.

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) Welcome Jennifer! I hope we can make you feel welcome here. TNBBC is a great book club and one of my favorite spots to kill time. I have been part of goodreads for a couple of months now so I am getting familiar with things as well. I also love challenges! If you don't mind, what other website are you a part of? I'd like to check it out. Oh and be aware with the challenge you will probably see a load of new books on your shelves that you never thought you would before.

I have not read the A-Z before but I have my list for when that day comes.

message 4: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (petra-x) Hi there Jennifer *waving*

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (mamallama) | 130 comments Welcome to the group, Jennifer!

message 6: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 210 comments Hi Jennifer, welcome to the group :)

message 7: by Areana (new)

Areana (luverbook) | 46 comments Welcome. :)

message 8: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Hi Jennifer, welcome to the group. Since you've joined this group, your tbr is about to explode.
*To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favorites too*

message 9: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Jennifer!

Whaddya mean "finished" with your TBR! Now that you're here it will be infinitely long!

message 10: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hello Jennifer, happy to see you back! I am very new as well!
No rest for the reader!

message 11: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the group :)