Books Made Me Broke discussion

General Book Talk & Discussion > Did You Read Allegiant? What Did You Think?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn, The Jaguar (new)

Jenn Harris (Reader of Things) | 830 comments Mod
I thought it was...eh:/

Also, if you reviewed it on GR, feel free to link it here:)

message 2: by Alicja (new)

Alicja | 10 comments Loved it. Strong ending. Completely fitting. Am still recommending this trilogy to everyone!

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Mortimer | 1 comments I loved the series, I spent about 6 hours one each book! I got emotionally involved in these books which is a huge mistake because the ending killed me 3 I couldn't stop crying!

message 4: by Kat (last edited Mar 24, 2014 06:59PM) (new)

Kat (thatcrazykatlady) I finished reading Allegiant last month, so I could get through the whole series before the movie came out.

I wasn't impressed at all, unfortunately. I was really into the action of the first two books; they played like little movies in my head, which I think is really promising for the film adaptations. The last one disappointed me so much, because I felt like a) the "twist" came out of left field and was wholly unsatisfying, and b) the writing just seemed to alter from tense and thrilling to....not.

My review is here, but be warned that it's not too nice.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (babyyyniicolee) | 2 comments Cried so much!!! Not so up there but it was great

message 6: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen  (kathleenfaher) | 4 comments Yes, I agree. It was like she didn't plan the grand finale out at all. It felts like completely different characters too. The characters arcs were so off in this book and there was red herrings, but then one red herring was actually the ending, so I was confused. She got so off topic in the plot lines.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (babyyyniicolee) | 2 comments But when you really think about it. I think Veronica wrapped up this story pretty well. Not every story has a happy ending, and we get to learn how someone can deal with this sort of pain. I just think the epilogue of four, was just beautifully written. It's something different.

message 8: by Jaycee Jones (new)

Jaycee Jones I disliked this book very much which made me sad cause I liked the first two books but Veronica turned Tobias into a different unsure of himself character instead of the four I loved. And the switching pov's made me forget which character I was actually reading about at the moment. I wasn't sad at the ending, more mad cause I didn't think it was necessary to end the book the way she did. Like it didn't seem to serve a purpose in the plot other then she wanted it to end differently then the hunger games series. I finished the other books in like 2 days but this one took me at least 2 weeks to get through cause it was just not up to par to the others just cause many chapters seemed to be not important to the plot and the whole government involvement was actually kind of confusing. Hopefully Hollywood can make this book into something worth spending $10 for a ticket to watch.