The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

General > Recommendation please???

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (last edited Nov 24, 2013 02:43PM) (new)

Catherine Thorpe | 7 comments Hi guys
I know this may be a tall order but can anyone recommend to me a dystopian novel that is full of action and adventure which isn't a trilogy? I would just like to enjoy the one off read. thank you

message 2: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Gosh, I can't think of a single one! It's crazy to think that's such a hard request to fill! Sorry :(

message 3: by Bob (new)

Bob Collopy (bobcollopy) | 9 comments You're probably going to have to go old school.

Nowadays having everything in just one book with what you want is not very common.

1984 has action + adventure and is just one book!

Action may be a tad low though...

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Thorpe | 7 comments Robert wrote: "You're probably going to have to go old school.

Nowadays having everything in just one book with what you want is not very common.

1984 has action + adventure and is just one book!

Action may be..."

Thank you Robert, I will give it a go

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Thorpe | 7 comments David wrote: "Gosh, I can't think of a single one! It's crazy to think that's such a hard request to fill! Sorry :("

I know tell me about it... Thanks anyway

message 6: by Marta (new)

Marta "After the fear" by Rosanne Rivers. Loved it!

message 7: by Elena (new)

Elena Maddox (lanie7311) | 3 comments Is Scorpio Races stand alone?

message 8: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Elena wrote: "Is Scorpio Races stand alone?"

Yes it is! The Scorpio Races is one of my favorite books EVER! I consider it to be semi-dystopian, but many people have argued to me that it's not, so I didn't include it. But I HIGHLY recommend The Scorpio Races!

message 9: by Elena (new)

Elena Maddox (lanie7311) | 3 comments Good I'm so glad! It's sitting on my lap right now and I'm starting it today!

message 10: by Sahiba (new)

Sahiba Kaur Badyal (sahibab) | 2 comments Maybe you would like 1984 by George Orwell. I am not entirely sure that it is dystopian (just started reading it myself), but when I was searching up good dystopian books that was number four on Google's list. I am pretty sure it is only one book, and it is a little old fashioned, but I'm sure you will like it.

message 11: by Sahiba (new)

Sahiba Kaur Badyal (sahibab) | 2 comments Also The Enemy series seems really good. My Mum just got it for me today and I cannot wait to read it!

message 12: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Those both sound good!

message 13: by Kaylin Behrens (new)

Kaylin Behrens | 49 comments One would be:
Fahrenheit 451