Mystery Lovers! discussion

Random Chats > New to this group/what I'm reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Troy (metroy) | 2 comments Good evening,
I just joined this group and want to introduce myself. My name is Mark Troy, I'm a reader and a writer. I'm currently reading Lee Child's Never Go Back and Robert Crais's Suspect. Both of which are recent purchases I'm also re-reading Leslie Charteris's Señor Saint.

I am the author of the Val Lyon mystery series and have just launched the Ava Rome series. The first Ava Rome story is The Rules (http://amzn.to/IdDfEv), which is a novella that is available on Kindle. The next installment is The Splintered Paddle, a novel, coming in June from Five Star/Cengage.

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 18 comments Mark, Have you listened to any of the Jack Reacher mysteries on CD read by Dick Hill? I've enjoyed quite a few of them and am currently finishing Personal. Love Jack Reacher.

message 3: by Feliks, Moderator-at-large (last edited Aug 02, 2015 10:18AM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 177 comments Mod
Welcome Mark.

Since you're joining our group as an author, (and therefore a potential discussion-leader for certain topics, etc), we highlight that on our group homepage. I'll be adding you and listing your works on our group bookshelf. Look for any thread with a padlock and an asterisk to familiarize yourself with what goes on around here. When your next book is due out, alert me so I can feature that as well. [I believe that readers can get a lot out of a book when they have a chance to chat with the writer of what they've just read].

cheers

Feliks

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 37 comments Welcome, new people.
I'm currently reading Murder on Sagebrush Lane by Patricia Smith Wood Murder on Sagebrush Lane, set in Albuquerque NM.
I keep looking for discussion on the link for The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins The Woman in White. I'm curious what other thought. I read it a couple of years ago and liked it-- a good change of pace from all the conventions of modern mysteries. It's not fresh enough in my mind for me to lead the discussion, though.

message 5: by Feliks, Moderator-at-large (new)

Looking for which? The book has been the subject of many 'group reads' in various Goodreads readers groups. Then, there's discussions found on the book page itself. What precisely are you seeking? A new discussion of it? We're not really doing group reads around here; it'd need a lot more organization and effort.

message 6: by William (new)

William Eadie | 2 comments I am having trouble with adding books to my reading challenge. Can anyone help?

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 37 comments Feliks wrote: "Looking for which? The book has been the subject of many 'group reads' in various Goodreads readers groups. Then, there's discussions found on the book page itself. What precisely are you seeking? ..."

Duh. It never occurred to me that there are discussions on the book page itself. Thanks. You'd think I'd know my way around GR by now ...

message 8: by Feliks, Moderator-at-large (last edited Aug 09, 2015 11:17AM) (new)

Nothing to be embarrassed for. Its a 'squirrely' website. Lots of 'caches' (of nuts, as well)!

p.s. a book page should also link you to any group discussion which ever featured the book as a group read/discussion; it will also tell you if its on any group's 'currently reading' shelf. [This is why I place some prominent mysteries in our own shelf that way; to attract the curious visitor!]

message 9: by Virginia (new)

Virginia I've recently joined. I'm a big psychological mystery fan (no serial killers), but I've just found the second Josie Tucker mystery after I lost it in my Kindle Dim Sum, Dead Some A Josie Tucker Mystery by EM Kaplan . The first in the series The Bride Wore Dead, A Josie Tucker Mystery was a great read - funny with depth - so I'm looking forward to this one. Josie is a food blogger and on the first page we get a "taste" of her humour: What is a recipe but a proposition ... a pick-up line?