The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) The Darkest Minds question

Should I read this book?
Kassandra Kassandra (last edited Nov 24, 2013 05:06PM ) Nov 24, 2013 01:46PM
I'm on the fence about reading this because I heard that it has dystopia. I almost always hate the way dystopian series end . Like Allegiant, Champion, and Mocking jay. If so tell me why I should read this book.

Well, the series isn't over yet, so I can't tell you if the last book in the series will be like Allegiant, Champion, or Mockingjay. However, I think this book is really good, as is its sequel.

Although, the author doesn't shy away from dark topics (character death and such) so I wouldn't be surprised if the last book is really sad.

i. love. these. books.

yes read the book

Yes you should read it

There are not too many books that I find too boring to keep reading but this was one of them. I had such high hopes that I read half of it (247 pages of a 472 page book) thinking and hoping that it would get better. It has the potential to be good even great, but alas......it is not.

Being that dystopia is basically all the bad that can go wrong does, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't any good along the way. This book was perfect in the department of dystopia! I loved this book and was quickly addicted to characters and the whole story an idea of their world. I say definitely give it a chance!

deleted member Jan 10, 2014 03:09PM   0 votes
yes!! It is amazing, although very dark and mysterious. Yet, a page-turner for sure!

The dystopian setting is strong in this book. There are heaps of awesome ya books that are not dystopian tho. I'd leave it for a rainy day when there is nothing else to read. I did love The Darkest Minds, it is dark but it worked for me. Book #2, Never Fade is another matter altogether. It was plain, uninteresting, over described, lacked action & barely mentioned two of the main characters I was desperately following from book 1. How it will end?? Don't care as long as it improves b4 the last page.

Harmony Strongly agree. I felt the same way.
Nov 25, 2013 04:34PM
Cassidy Its taking me so long to read... its not what i expected because i loved TDM! I guess the first and last book are always the best though.. the middle ...more
Dec 13, 2013 11:19PM

I usually dislike all dystopian novels, including the ever-so popular Hunger Games series but I actually really enjoyed this one. It was an interesting read and I would recommend reading it if you come across it. :)

Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.
(chanted a crowd of millions)

I loved this book so much!!! I got like 40 pages in and I was already sad because I knew it was gunna have to come to a end. I think all books have to end somehow, you aren't going to read about their entire lives. That's how I look at it. Plus this is only the first book of the series.

YES. It's undoubtedly dystopian(and in many cases quite dark) but in my opinion it's incredibly gripping, rather original, and heartmoving(dare I sound like a Kirkus Review?)
It depends on how you like your books - But I'd staunchly recommend it! If all else fails than A. Bracken's other book Brightly Woven is the most fabulousest book ever(well, relative to the most amazingest book ever right here, xD).

Must read! It's such an amazing book.

deleted member Feb 03, 2014 01:59PM   0 votes
PLEASE READ IT!!!! it's such an amazing book words can't explain i cant wait to read the 3rd book!!!!

Felicia (last edited Dec 31, 2013 02:35PM ) Dec 31, 2013 02:35PM   0 votes
amazing books definitely read.