You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Buddy Reads > Week 11: A Suitable Boy

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilisa (last edited Nov 30, 2013 07:06PM) (new)

Lilisa | 2425 comments Yah, two-thirds through the book! A bit more history in this section - the politics and positioning within the Congress party and Hindu/Muslim tensions. Might be an interesting political move by Mahesh Kapoor with maybe some help from Maan? And the quest for Lata's hand continues. Am enjoying savoring the book on a weekly basis!

message 2: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2425 comments I like Lata and Malati is really cool! Mrs. Mehra is hysterical - she makes me laugh. I do like Haresh and I agree - I am liking Sandeep Lahiri as well. My money is on Haresh. Kabir is Muslim so out of the question for Lata. Amit is too much of a dreamer for Lata!

message 3: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2425 comments And, by the way I thought it was hilarious when Arun had to admit to Haresh that he had never visited the U.K. after having pompously discussed London like he had been there!

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue I am almost finished with this section. Nehru has resigned. No one knows what will happen politically. Savita has had her baby. Lata's story has moved temporarily into the background as she prepares for her part in the play opposite Kabir, of all people. But she treats him coldly.

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue I still like Lata but also ex-minister Kapoor, Pran, Lata's friend whose name escapes me at the moment, Savita, many are intriguing. Not sure I have an actual favorite. Oh I do love the little math whiz too.

message 6: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2425 comments Lata's friend is Malati and the math whiz is Bhaskar. I thought Malati was a hoot!

message 7: by Sue (last edited Feb 22, 2014 06:30PM) (new)

Sue Thanks Lilisa, for the names. That's a difficult book to flip through for names! :)