What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. [Sci-Fi] Virus causes reduced life span, Some live in a dome. Spoiler ahead... [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Stone | 7 comments I probably read this 15 years ago, it may be young adult but the themes were more adult oriented.

World has a virus/infection that reduces the lifespan of humans (or inhibits reproduction). A group of human's live in a dome-city. Everyone outside the city is really young, roam in gangs, breed young.

*Spoiler* One girl inside the city is immune to the
virus, she was brought to the city as a baby. A doctor has been harvesting her eggs for tests while keeping this secret.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Stone | 7 comments So close, but not quite right. Thanks for the effort though Lisa.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1729 comments Did people age faster?

There was a search done on accelerated aging here:
https://www.goodreads.com/comment/sho...

The suggestion was for an outbreak of disease...

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Stone | 7 comments I looked through that thread and didn't find what I was looking for. Similar, but again, thanks for the ideas.

message 6: by Justanotherbiblophile (last edited Dec 03, 2013 09:25AM) (new)

Justanotherbiblophile | 1729 comments I guess I was also (badly) asking "What did terms did you search with? Have you tried using 'accelerating aging' (if that were appropriate to the book, since your write-up isn't clear what type of 'early death' characters were suffering)? Or maybe we can think of a different term which describes your early deaths that you've not tried searching on..."

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Stone | 7 comments Thanks Lisa, again similar but not the one I'm looking for.

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris Stone | 7 comments Still looking for this book.

message 10: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Masters | 252 comments bumping - any luck, Chris?

message 11: by Chris (last edited Jun 08, 2017 08:10AM) (new)

Chris Stone | 7 comments I did actually find it through a different site it's called

Mother Grimm

edit: Removing amazon link since Kris found it on goodreads

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33236 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Chris. Thanks for the update. Here's the Goodreads link - Mother Grimm by Catherine Wells.