What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
This topic is about My Timeswept Heart
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Time travel heroine on a ship? Cook on ship is mean, speaks different language, but heroine knows language and can speak to cook which surprises everyone [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't remember much, but I hope it may be enough for someone who has read it. I am looking for a book where the heroine is on the hero's ship. All I really remember is she may be from the future. Anyways the cook on the ship is kind of mean, speaks a different language, and doesn't let anyone in the (whatever the kitchen is called on a ship) Come to find out the heroine knows the language or at least enough to speak to the cook, everyone is amazed that she can talk to the cook.
I know that isn't much to go on, but I will remain hopeful. :)

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Just a guess - Once a Pirate by Susan Grant?

What time period does the heroine travel to? It's a sailing (not space) ship? Any memories of the heroine's life in modern times?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I try to remember, but I tend to get books mixed up in my head. I am thinking she goes back in time to the 17-1800's. It is a sailing ship. I can't think of anything about her modern life.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Nov 25, 2013 03:28PM) (new)

I know what you mean about mixing up books. Around what year did you read this book? Was it like a Harlequin? Any pirates?

message 5: by Kris (last edited Nov 25, 2013 03:57PM) (new)

Just noting there are more clues in a different group discussion:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Ah, thanks, Kris. Sophie found her book in that thread in another group. It is My Timeswept Heart.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Timeswept Heart (other topics)
Once a Pirate (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Grant (other topics)