The Robin Hobb Collection discussion

The Dragon Keeper (Rain Wild Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Dragon Keeper
Book 10 - Dragon Keeper > The Dragon Keeper > Part 4: Chapters 16 to finish

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hanne (hanne2) | 791 comments Mod
Wow, here was no way i could stop reading once they actually started moving from Cassarick upstream.

ch16 - We have some sort of rebellion of the mean boys. they have a point though, even though they use it the wrong way round. But they only way for this group to have a chance at succeeding, they'll have to work together. None of this one dragon - one keeper bullshit, use everyone's strengths and help one another.

And I'm going to hate it so much when the first dragon will die :((

ch17 - Sedric, you pompous ass!
Yes, I know he just fears anything that Hest might get angry about, but he really just should keep his nose out.

We finally get a glimpse that the news of Alise's contract arrived in Bingtown, but it's her father who is asking questions, not Hest. He doesn't stop disappointing does he?
I guess he will only intervene when his reputation gets ruined, and people start talking about Alise running away from him

Then, one more important question for everyone to answer when they get here: when do we start book 2?
I'd prefer not to wait a month, because I'm too intrigued.
So my proposal would be in two weeks or so? That would be December 8, let me know if that would be ok.

message 4: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments Hanne wrote: "Then, one more important question for everyone to answer when they get here: when do we start book 2?
I'd prefer not to wait a month, because I'm too intrigued.
So my proposal would be in two weeks..."

Oh you posted that here, I posted about it in the reading order thread. The 8th might be too early for me. It's going to depend on S&L really. The 15th might be better, but worse case I'll just join in late.

message 5: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments So I didn't like the ending much. I guess it's an OK stopping point, but it felt like just that, stopping.

I like Sedric less and less. He's sleeping with Hest yet he scolds her for flirting? And all the while he's using it as an excuse for them to get away from his involuntary manslaughter of the copper dragon.

Meanwhile things with Greft seem to be getting worse. First he takes Thymara's elk meat without asking. Then he suggests they sell the copper's parts. Is he the another agent of Chalced? It seems like Jess the hunter is working for Sinad. Who knows what would have happened if Mercor didn't step in.

David Sven (gorro) | 567 comments Alex wrote: "Also, the blood on the deck of the barge? Tarman definitely knows. I think it was he who barged into Sedric's mind at the end there."

That's what I'm thinking as well. If it was one of the dragons they probably would have just eaten him.

And I agree Rob - Sedric is such a hypocrite

I'm easy for the next book. Either the 8th or the 15th are good for me.

David Sven (gorro) | 567 comments Hanne wrote: "We finally get a glimpse that the news of Alise's contract arrived in Bingtown, but it's her father who is asking questions, not Hest. He doesn't stop disappointing does he?"

Unless Hest is too embarrassed to ask what his wife is up to. maybe he put the father up to it. Either way I agree, Hest does not disappoint our high expectations of him :)

message 8: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments Alex wrote: "Also, I'm moving away for a year and leaving all my books behind, so I will have to finish this series by Feb 1."

Moving away for a year?

message 9: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments I was thinking it might have been Mercor that spoke to him, but now that you suggest it, I think Tarman is much more reasonable.

David Sven (gorro) | 567 comments Rob wrote: "I was thinking it might have been Mercor that spoke to him,"

That's who I thought of first. Maybe it is him. He takes one of the keepers off alone at the end so maybe he's filling her in?

message 11: by Hanne (last edited Nov 25, 2013 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I thought it was Tarman too. Seemed like the dry remark of a liveship to me, but I can be wrong.

Regarding the starting date, why don't we do something in the middle, like the 11th? that gives Rob a few more days, but doesn't keep the others waiting for a week

David Sven (gorro) | 567 comments I'm good for the 11th.