What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Crucifix Lane
This topic is about Crucifix Lane
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci Fi time travel book, based in London [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mairi (new)

Mairi Cameron (mairij) | 7 comments I'm sure this is a fairly recent book, probably since 2000, it's about a young woman living in London who accidentally goes through a portal into future London, where climate change has caused it to be much warmer, mosquitos are rife, pollution etc. I'm pretty sure she encounters other people from her time while she's there. And that's about as much as I can remember, ideally I'd like to read it again and then find anything else by the same author - if I think of any other details I'll come back and edit this, any help very much appreciated, I've googled endless variations of the basic plot and found nothing.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Nov 24, 2013 12:09PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
What was the story itself about? Her time in the future, her trying to get back to our time, a romance? Do you have any memories of the cover? Was it an Adult or YA? how did she know that the others from "this" time were from the same time period she was? Did she recognize them or were they talking or what?

message 3: by Mairi (new)

Mairi Cameron (mairij) | 7 comments It's shocking, I really enjoyed the book but I remember very little about it, I think it was adult fiction rather than YA, I think others from the past could simply sense that she was the same as them, there was no romance, she was definitely trying to get home, to bring a message back and try to prevent everything that had gone wrong. I don't remember the cover at all. There was a particular shop she could go to once home, someone there had a connection to the future? So frustrating, sorry but thanks for any help anyone can give.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Neither of these seem quite right, but I'll throw them out just in case:

Raiders' Ransom
The Carbon Diaries 2015

message 5: by Mairi (new)

Mairi Cameron (mairij) | 7 comments Thank you but no, those aren't it, the book starts in modern day London then jumps to the future, and it's written in the third person.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Mairi, are you still looking for this? Was it "Fizz?"

message 8: by Mairi (new)

Mairi Cameron (mairij) | 7 comments Hi there - it's not Fizz, I'm still looking, I'll try to come up with more details :(

message 9: by Mairi (new)

Mairi Cameron (mairij) | 7 comments Oh wow, that's it, thank you so much! I was convinced it was a traditional sci fi author, never even considered Kate Mosse, who I love anyway!