Read Scotland 2014 discussion

Ben Nevis: 13+ books > The mountain with its head in the clouds

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) Going to read some Ian Rankin, Denise Mina, Val McDermid, Stuart MacBride and have a look at James Oswald's books

message 2: by Sue (last edited Jan 12, 2014 03:13AM) (new)

Sue (suedunbar) First book read Entry Island Peter May a very good book would recommend.

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) Second book read Birthdays for the Dead by Stuart MacBride always enjoy Stuart MacBride's books

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie | 76 comments I have had Dorothy Wordsworth's book waiting on me for several years - so this is a good time to get around to it. Am really looking forward to it. Love reading of other people's trips, tours round the UK, and specifically Scotland :)

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) Third book read is The Firemaker by Peter May once I got into it I enjoyed it.

message 6: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) Fourth book is The Unburied Dead Douglas Lindsay really enjoyed this book. I think this will be an enjoyable series.

message 7: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) Fifth book is another Douglas Lindsay this is his Barney Thomson series The Long Midnight Of Barney Thomson and the sixth one was the second in the series The Barber Surgeon's Hairshirt. Really enjoyed both these books love the dark humour

message 8: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) 7th book was Laidlaw by William McIlvanney enjoyed this book looking forward to reading the rest.

message 9: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) 8th book was Raven Black by Ann Cleeves. I really enjoyed this book. Loved the setting which is Shetland. Will enjoy reading this series

message 10: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) 9th book is The Dead Won't Sleep Anna Smith. First book I have read by Anna Smith and it wont be the last.

message 11: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 237 comments Look at that girl go!

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) 10th book is Strip Jack by Ian Rankin really enjoyed this book

message 13: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) 11th book is Crime in the Community by Cecilia Peartree. Read this one mainly because it was set in Scotland. Don't think I would rush out to read the rest of this series.

message 14: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 237 comments Sue wrote: "11th book is Crime in the Community by Cecilia Peartree. Read this one mainly because it was set in Scotland. Don't think I would rush out to read the rest of this ..."

I read it too, Sue. Got it for free. I enjoyed it, an easy fun read.

message 15: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) 12th book is A Plague Of Crows by Douglas Lindsay. Second book in the DS Hutton series and it was very enjoyable.

message 16: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) 13th book A Song For the Dying by Stuart MacBride. Second book in the Ash Henderson series and I loved it.

message 17: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 237 comments Sue wrote: "13th book A Song For the Dying by Stuart MacBride. Second book in the Ash Henderson series and I loved it."

made it!

message 18: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) 14th book is Agatha Raisen and the quiche of death by M C Beaton. Really enjoyed this cosy mystery

message 19: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 237 comments Sue wrote: "14th book is Agatha Raisen and the quiche of death by M C Beaton. Really enjoyed this cosy mystery"

Agatha is quite a character!

message 20: by Sue (new)

Sue (suedunbar) She sure is. I like her!