Rule Breaker (Breeds, #20; Feline Breeds, #16) Rule Breaker discussion

how to read?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alona (new)

Alona how to read this...?

Mary Bess Not out until Feb 4 2014 .. got to wait

Christina Turville just finished it...LOVE this series!

message 4: by JB (new) - rated it 3 stars

JB Love the Breed series, but this one was too long, convoluted. The scheming just didn't make sense. My biggest peeve is that Rule never actually EXPLAINED the big "take a shower" debacle to Gypsy and what he meant. However, I admit so some skimming. (Sad when the sex scenes are so repetitive and overwritten that one just wants to page through them.) So did I miss it? If there is a real explanation to Gypsy, someone please tell me where. I know they talked, made up. But I never saw an explanation of what he said, what he meant, how she interpreted it.

message 5: by Liv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liv Joy wrote: "Love the Breed series, but this one was too long, convoluted. The scheming just didn't make sense. My biggest peeve is that Rule never actually EXPLAINED the big "take a shower" debacle to Gypsy a..."

You are totally right!!! Took the words out of my "head" :)
We know Jonas is always scheming for the good of the breeds as a whole and all but after 20+ books of the same I mean come on... Change something a little bit, let us (the readers) in on the big plans even if the characters don't know it.... (view spoiler)
I'm just waiting for Cassie's and Dane's stories they are the only characters I really care about

Paris        (kerbytejas) A very disappointing installment in the series

Robyn Bernard I really enjoyed this book,especially after Stygian's Honor which I didn't like at all. Like y'all, I didn't get Rule not explaining the shower but it didn't ruin the book for me. I'm so happy the Amber story is done!!!! There's only 5 more Breed books so hang in there.

Mary Bess I Have been with the Breeds since Elloras Cave first published Callan's story. This was like going visiting the family and getting updated. I have Re Read a lot of Lora Leigh wont be doing that with this.

Mary Bess Liv wrote: "Joy wrote: "Love the Breed series, but this one was too long, convoluted. The scheming just didn't make sense. My biggest peeve is that Rule never actually EXPLAINED the big "take a shower" debacl..."

I am waiting for Cassie and Dane's story to. what I couldn't get pass was Hanzel and Gretel and Kandy. She can write books but cant find better names? lol

message 10: by Ana (new)

Ana Hi All,

I am struggling with the series. I initially thought it was a great story line and etc. However, lately the series is getting boring and drawn out. I am not getting any resolution on the crisis. Also, it would be nice to hear the follow up on other 28 characters. The connections are not making much sense. I am torn if I should read this installment. The last few were quite disappointing...

message 11: by Mary (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary Bess simply put some of the names sucked lol

message 12: by Donna (last edited Mar 09, 2014 08:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Donna Yes read this one it wraps up some things and gives answers to others. Also an idea of some things to come.

message 13: by Ana (new)

Ana OK...I will take your advice Ms. Donna because I am getting a bit skeptical about the series.

message 14: by Misty (last edited Mar 10, 2014 04:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Misty I am a big fan of this Author and series. I have read every book going back to Elloras cave (way over priced books..by the way). Anyway, this book was very disappointing, I rated it with 2 1/2 stars. This book not only confused me but left me scratching my head and asking myself...wtf? In past books we know Jonas is the schemer and match maker. But it seems with this book everyone had an agenda and was scheming behind everyone's back. Then you have Gypsy...her first sexual experience was heartbreaking...and Rule never explained why. And don't even get me started with the names of some of the characters....gypsy rum, Hansel and Greta and kandy sweet... I guess some what original but, distracting and ridiculous. This book did answer some long standing questions though. I am glad Jonas's daughter...Amber will be alright. I hope the next book is a lot better and more questions are answered. Also, I would like to know more about the lives and children of past characters.

Paris        (kerbytejas) Misty wrote: "I am a big fan of this Author and series. I have read every book going back to Elloras cave (way over priced books..by the way). Anyway, this book was very disappointing, I rated it with 2 1/2 star..."

agreed - this was by far the strangest book in the series - I also gave it a low rating, and was disappointed

Dallass Even though Jonas is the manipulator extrodinaire, there are snippets in previous books, conversations with Dog and other, that hint that he's not the only one playing the long game.

I am more concerned about the new, and apparently important characters - like the new assistant director - that seem to just appear in the last couple of books.

Donna Don't skim read this book. You have to actually read it. It will wrap up some things for most.

Michielle I finally finished it this weekend. I am in agreement with most of you. It was difficult to get through the first half. Everyone knew what everyone else had been doing the last 9 years but didn't want the other person to know. I agree, very convoluted. And Gyspy was starting to annoy me by playing the "poor me victim" that caused her brother to die. And interesting how easily Rule (view spoiler) Everything just seems too formulaic. But the book got better in the last half. Loose ends were tied up and questions were answered.

Michielle Dallass wrote: "Even though Jonas is the manipulator extrodinaire, there are snippets in previous books, conversations with Dog and other, that hint that he's not the only one playing the long game.

I am more con..."

I agree. I think The Leo has his paws everywhere and lets everyone else think they are pulling the strings.

I also revised my opinion on Cassie's mate. I am starting to wonder if Rhyzan may be?

Also, they kept mentioning Ely's deteriorating mind frame. Why hasn't she taken a mate? She knows who it is.

Michielle I have been meaning to ask this. What do you think Amber was saying when she said "ba' ki'y." At first I thought she was calling Gi gi a "bad kitty." But I wonder if she was trying to get him to let her fly like a "bat kitty." It seems it was something they did a lot. They were adorable together.

Shirley Bennett Dallass wrote: "Even though Jonas is the manipulator extrodinaire, there are snippets in previous books, conversations with Dog and other, that hint that he's not the only one playing the long game.

Iam more concerned about the new, and apparently important characters - like the new assistant director - that seem to just appear in the last couple of books.
** Yes, I also wondered who the suddenly new characters were.. I started looking back in books for their names..waste of time... ugh.. I still love the series, and NEED to have some answers!!!!

Michielle Shirley wrote: "Dallass wrote: "Even though Jonas is the manipulator extrodinaire, there are snippets in previous books, conversations with Dog and other, that hint that he's not the only one playing the long game..."

I have been looking for an interview that someone said stated that a hint to Dane's mate was in Styx's Storm, which after rereading , I did not find anything. Anyway, I came across a great site that breaks down the Breeds. http://wickedscribeloraleigh.wordpres...