Shadowhunters RP discussion

New York Institute > The Library

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments The place where all the books are kept.

message 2: by Genevieve (last edited May 05, 2014 10:24AM) (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda ran into the library after deserting Sierra. She actually hadn't known she was running into the library- she had chosen a random door, but she was glad that she had accidentally stumbled upon the holy grail of books. She figured there was enough here to last her at least a year.
Although she did feel bad about leaving Sierra like that, she could tell Sierra liked James, and figured it was for the best that the two bonded. Maybe having a guy in her life would make her happier and more approachable to those around her.
Miranda began walking the aisles. Skimming through the books, before finding Tender Is the Night and sitting down in a corner to read it.

message 3: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra had benn searching for Miranda and knowing her, she'd looked first in the library. When she saw her, she marched straight up to her and snatched the book right out of her hands. She was glaring at her as if she'd done something really wrong. "WHAT was all that about?" Sierra demanded. "Why did you just run off like that? I know Alec wasn't calling you. You hate him."

message 4: by Genevieve (last edited May 05, 2014 06:38PM) (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda peered over the cover of her book,. "You're right, Alec wasn't calling me." She said, in a calm, unnerved voice. Then she broke into a grin, pointing at her book, "Fitzgerald was calling me!" Miranda laughed at her own lame joke, not noticing how angry Sierra was.

message 5: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Come on." Sierra said. "You thought that I like him, didn't you? And you did all this so that we'd be alone together. Well, guess what? I don't like him and you left me in a really awkward position. I don't like awkward positions."

message 6: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda beamed at Sierra, "You like him, whether you want to acknowledge it or not." She gave Sierra the same knowing smile again,

message 7: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I don't like him!" Sierra protested. "Well, I don't hate him but I don't like him either. He's....he's..." she tried to think of an adjective but failed. "Just forget it."

message 8: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Well if you don't like him then I suppose you wouldn't mind if I fancied him?" Miranda smirked. She didn't actually like James, but she figured that if Sierra made a big deal about her saying that she did, it meant Sierra liked him. Miranda had learned this trick while reading a book a while back called How to Make Someone Talk (About Their Feelings), and she figured she might as well use it now.

message 9: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra hesitated for a moment before saying. "No. I wouldn't. You can marry him for all I care. I don't like him." she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Miranda. "Your idea was a total flop by the way." she said. "He shut the door on my face after thanking me rather too heartily."

message 10: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda laughed, "Looks like you've got some competition for door slamming now!" She stopped smiling and said, "And I don't like him, by the way. Honestly? I'm not really attracted to anyone in this institute in a romantic way."

message 11: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I said I didn't care." Sierra said. "And I don't think he cares either. I can go around having a crush on Jace for all hr cares." she realised what Miranda had just said and added "And I'm NOT attracted to James in a romantic way."

message 12: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda wanted to keep pushing Sierra on the subject, but decided to drop it, and resigned to saying, "Alright, whatever you say." Pushing herself off the ground, book still in hand, she suggested, "How about we head off to bed now? It's been a long day."
((Run into others in NYInstitute it just go of to separate rooms or...?))

message 13: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((What if Sierra runs into James after they separate?))

"Yeah sure." she said. "i'm feeling tired too." she looked at the book in Miranda's hand. "Are you actually goingto read the whole thing?" she asked, looking very surprised.

message 14: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda rolled her eyes, "It's only 315 pages, and I've already read the book anyways." She glanced around the room, taking in all the books. Turning back to Sierra, she said, with a look of utmost joy on her face, "I cane wait to discover new books!" Then she walked to the door, opened the handle, bid Sierra a good nights sleep, and left.
((Yea! Her and James can bump into each other and then bump into Alec Jace and Amy.))

message 15: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra rolled her eyes and followed her outside. Their rooms were in different directions so she went her own way. 315 pages! She'd hardly ever read a 100 pagebook in her life. 300 pages was unthinkable.

message 16: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((I'll post on NY Institute))

message 17: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Okay.))