What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book about a land based in magic and a hero whose magic is to be immune to magic [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 24 comments I read this book quite a few years ago. It is part of a series. It is about a young boy in a land where everyone must have a magic skill but he is unable to discover his until he finally realizes that is "magic talent" is that he is immune to magic spells. He eventually meets up and marries a girl whose "magic" is that she constantly changes from beautiful but stupid to ugly but brilliant. They go through many adventures, to finally contact a parallel world, Earth, where magic does not exist. Does this ring a bell with anyone

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 280 comments A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony, the first Xanth book. I think there are over 30 books now - I stopped after about 10.

message 3: by laurenpie (new)

laurenpie | 131 comments That girl's magic skill is hilarious! LOL!

message 4: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 24 comments Thank you so much, Michele. That's it! I have read a few of the books in the series, but couldn't remember the title or the author for the life of me. I wanted to find it, because I am now reading The Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemisin, which brought the Xanth story to mind (magic again).

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments Btw, I'd recommend stopping after the first three. I'm guessing it was originally a trilogy, but the money overcame the scruples. There are good parts in some of the later books, but... eventually it all pales.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35177 comments Mod
Note: Shelved as A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Spell for Chameleon (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Piers Anthony (other topics)