What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA or tween - mystery series

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Dec 19, 2013 04:25PM) (new)

Jessica | 5 comments YA or tween - book series read in grade 7 (which was in 1999-2000)and I believe the author may have been Canadian. I remember the books being on the thin side so maybe like 200 pages or so. And for some reason I think the first one may have had green on the cover.

I think a Canadian boy visited Scotland (or maybe Ireland) and meets a girl they see weird/mysterious events. I think there may have been an uncle type figure who owned a large country estate where the first book was set.

There were at least 3 books in the series. The scottish/irish girl may have come to Canada to visit the boy in one of the sequels.

message 2: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 709 comments Not The Boggart, is it? There are only two books, though...

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments Liralen wrote: "Not The Boggart, is it? There are only two books, though..."

Thanks Liralen, that one does have similar themes but I don't think that is the one I was thinking of.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Stone | 7 comments I don't recall anything about Scotland, but perhaps something by Eric Wilson(Canadian). Long series of YA mystery novels about Canada involving lots of weird/mysterious events. It had a brother/sister hardy boys style thing going on.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments Thanks Chris, I don't think that was it.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Jessica, are you still looking for this?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Boggart (other topics)