Shadowhunters RP discussion

Come here first > Questions?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Ask any questions you have about the group.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf Can we create an original character?

message 3: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Like...what do you mean? A character that is already there in the books?

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf No, a character that isn't from the books, one that you create yourself.

message 5: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Yeah. I made the threads for that already. You can create any downworlder or a shadowhunter.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf Cool!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) Is there a main plot our characters follow or are we creating our own?

message 8: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments No. You can create any plot you like! Keep it diffent from the original books though (should add that to the rules...)

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) Oh ok.. that's good to know ^.^ because I was gonna ask should I finish reading the series before joining? I just started reading the series.

message 10: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Yeah. I loved the series. Both of them.

message 11: by Beastly (new)

Beastly Do charecters need to be approved

message 12: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Yeah. I'll just read through the history nd stuff like that to see if it's okay.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) I know this is gonna be a really dumb questions but what's the difference between a daylighter and a regular vampire?

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf Daylighters can walk in the sun without burning up, the others can't. And it's not a dumb question, you learn about it in the 2nd Mortal Instruments book.

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) Aaah thank you (: well I'm sure most of you on here have read the series already so I'm like a noob to all of this ^.^

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf Actually, I've only read the first 2 books. I'm just as new as you are to The Mortal Instruments series.

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) Ooo coolness :) I'm having a hard time doing anything because of it. I wanna create a character but idk.

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf You should! It'll take awhile for there to be enough people to start, but

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf it's a lot of fun! Sorry, my iPod's being stupid again.

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) The prob is I wanted to be human but they took that option off.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf No, it's still there. Humans are called 'mundane s' in the books, so that's where you can make a human character in the character folder.

message 22: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) Oh no I knew they were called Mundanes lol, sorry. I didn't see the tab on the main page. After I clicked on the create character tab though it showed all the options. I guess there just wasn't enough room to show it on the other page I was looking at. My fault. Thank you though for helping me find it :)

message 23: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) One question. For original characters, example Isabelle and Simon, they have the relationships like in the books, don't they?

message 24: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Not really. They can have any relation here. Just the personality of the characters remains the same...unless you think they should have the same relation....

message 25: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Oh, okay. I was just asking to see if Isabelle has a relationship with Simon here.

Thanks for clearing it up. ;)

message 26: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Yeah. Thought about keeping same relations but then, it would be interesting to see who the characters turn up with while RPing here.

Amy *-MY SHIP IS SO HEART BREAKING-* (MewsLegacy) So, what are the rules?

message 28: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Just be nice to other members and don't go by the main plot of any of the books while Rping. Have fun! :)

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) Random questions, has nothing to do with this group. But does anyone know how to leave a group? I joined a different one a few days back, thinking it was based of City of Bones and realized I was mistaken.

message 30: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) You go to the groups homepage and under the description it'll say your a member click on edit next to that.

message 31: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) Ooooo thank you!! ^.^ Your a life saver.

message 32: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) anytime :p

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) Could we be warlocks? I don't see a thread for that.

message 34: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Yes click on the create a character thread, theres more

message 35: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) Yeah just click on create character and all the options will be visible (:

message 36: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) oh ok haha thanks :)

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) OK Kris I know your MOD, do you know if there's any way we can have a page up showing what characters are active, or exist? I wanna make my second character but I don't know if I should wait for more people to be created. Since I don't know where she might be more useful.

message 38: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) I'll make the thread but make your character anyway so when more people come you can rp with it.

message 39: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Hey, I was wondering if I could be a MOD if that's alright? If not, that's fine. I was just wondering. Thanks. :)

message 40: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Yeah ok :) When school starts I won't be onlinemuch so yeah. I guess I'm not online much now either.... >.<

message 41: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments I tried making you a MOD but it says you don't have a valid enail address. You'll have to correct that I guess.

message 42: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Oh ok. Thanks I'll clear that up right now!

message 43: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Alright I fixed it. ^__^

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you put up a topic to create a Kitsune character?

message 45: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments I saw that some other groups had MOD only areas...? Do you think it would be a good idea to make one?

message 46: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Yeah sure. That's a great idea. You can make it if you like

message 47: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Moonlight wrote: "Can you put up a topic to create a Kitsune character?"

What's a kitsune character?

message 48: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Alright thanks! I'll do that tomorrow morning. Goodnight! :)

message 49: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Goodnight and sorry. I would have done it myself but the internet now is just so slow that I feel like screaming.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Kitsune = Japanese for fox > basically a fox spirit. Go to TVTropes.org and type in that sites search bar "Kitsune" and it should explain better.

« previous 1