What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Waking up in complete darkness, symbols/numbers appear on screen as if counting down

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natanela (new)

Natanela | 3 comments Group if people (one of them is a mathematician/chemist)waking up in dark room after an earthquake accured while visiting a construction site of some sort. Then realize it's a spaceship they explore and find an elevator shaft (without one in) they throw a coin to see what happens and the coin freezes in mid air and it seems that it's an anti gravity field, in one the object rotate up and if it'll rotate the other way it'll sink ....at one point someone flailed in a panic and he was spinning and he was starting to fall, not sure the people calmed him down so he won't fall but generally they learned how to maneuver it....I hope someone can help. It's kinda weird that I have so many details I remember yet I can't seem to find it...

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
When did you read this Natanela? Why were they on the space ship? How did they get there? What else do you remember about the story? Was it straight sci-fi or was it more horror? Was it children's, NA, YA, or adult?

message 3: by Natanela (new)

Natanela | 3 comments 1) 1998/99 not sure exactly. 2) The space ship had been hibernating underground and something happened that woke it up, it rose to the surface and absorbed them or something. 3) They were knocked out during the even and woke up inside the spaceship. 4)That's pretty much it.
5)Straight Sci Fi. 6) YA or adult, I think it was adult.

Thank you, hoping for further help

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
And Then Came the Last Tomorrow by Malcolm C. Latham has some similar elements, but its first publication date seems to be 2005. And Then Came the Last Tomorrow by Malcolm C. Latham

message 5: by Natanela (new)

Natanela | 3 comments Yeah...I read it in 1999 so no...Also, the cover has a
picture of a pocket watch shattered around.

Thank you though :)

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Natanela, are you still looking for this?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 8: by Bargle (last edited Jul 06, 2017 03:45AM) (new)

Bargle | 1171 comments Darn, this sounded interesting.

Automated spaceship.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

And Then Came the Last Tomorrow (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Malcolm C. Latham (other topics)