Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Festivals/Celebrations > Are any High Priestesses/Priests willing to be interviewed?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin (bleedinginkpen) I'm taking a world religions class and have to write a report, and I'm writing it about the role of the sabbats in the Wiccan community. For it, I need scholarly sources, specifically including an interview with someone in a position of authority in the faith (Wicca specifically) and sacred text. For example, if I was writting about Catholicism, I would contact a Catholic priest and cite a copy of the Bible that Catholics would use. I've learned that there is no standard sacred text in pagan faiths, so this might be very difficult, but a priest or priestess's book of shadows might suffice.
-S

(If any of you lovelies would be willing to be interviewed, you can message me on this account so I can notify my friend doing the research! -Tenma)

message 2: by Aaron, Moderator (new)

Aaron Carson | 1216 comments Although the moderators and senior members of this group are quite knowledgeable about the different faiths which fall under the heading of paganism, I don't know how many of us are actually ordained in any of the organized sects. There might be some such Priests or Priestesses in our group, but I don't think they post regularly, so it might take some time to get a response. Lots of luck.

message 3: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Knight (shaunaauraknight) | 1 comments I'm a Pagan group leader and I travel and teach, though I don't use the title "high priestess," and I'm not specifically Wiccan. I might be able to put you in touch with someone. There are lots and lots of different types of Wicca these days, and no, there is no one sacred text.

I'm happy to be interviewed about the work that I do hosting sabbats in Chicago, but again, my work might be too eclectic for your purposes.

I'd highly recommend contacting Selena Fox at Circle Sanctuary. If you need contact information let me know, but if you go to the Circle Sanctuary web site there are contact links there where you can get a hold of Selena.

Let me know if I can be of help; you can contact me directly at shaunaaura@gmail.com

-shauna

message 4: by Lora (last edited Dec 20, 2013 05:58AM) (new)

Lora O'Brien (lora_obrien) | 6 comments Barbara Lee is an Irish, Trad Wiccan, High Priestess who has done a lot of interviews and media work, and is very knowledgeable.

http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/...

Lora O'Brien