Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please Add My Book

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Nov 22, 2013 10:21AM) (new)

David Graham (davidgraham) Hi,

Could you please add my book to Goodreads, thanks.

Title: Incitement
Author (as it appears in the cover): David Graham
ISBN 10, ISBN 13, or ASIN (whichever belongs to the edition): 978 1 909483 422
Publisher: Andromeda Publishing
Publishing Date: November 1st 2013
Number of Pages: 344
Format (hardcover, paperback, audiobook, ebook, etc): Paperback
Edition: 1
Edition Language: English
Description:
A bloody massacre at a Mexican heroin refinery; a Miami-bound freight ship hijacked for its cargo of illegal narcotics; the ruthless assassination of a Kosovar drug lord – a war has erupted between two drugs superpowers.

As DEA Agent Diane Mesi investigates she becomes convinced that the conflict is being orchestrated by an unknown third party. But she is marginalised by her colleagues and her judgement is challenged at every turn. Only if she can expose the truth will she be able to stop the violence and save her career.

Michael Larsen is an ex-soldier and hired mercenary who has been contracted to fuel the conflict at every opportunity until it destroys both sides. As he battles his own demons, he hopes that by directing the violence he will attain some measure of redemption.

But neither Mesi nor Larsen know the full extent of the forces at play or of what is truly at stake. As they each pursue their own resolution, the violence escalates and they become increasingly isolated and vulnerable to the dangers that stalk them.

A picture of the cover is available on my website www.davidgrahambooks.com

message 2: by Z-squared (last edited Nov 22, 2013 10:52AM) (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Hi David,

Here is your book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

FYI, Goodreads uses multiple spaces between names to disambiguate authors with otherwise identical names. Because there are several other books on Goodreads with David Graham as the author (and because your website states this is your debut novel), I entered your name as David^^^Graham, where ^ is a space. This way, your book won't be confused with the work of others. If you need to add more editions of your book and/or other books in the future, please keep in mind that you have those extra spaces.

If you'd like, you can claim your author profile here:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Oh, and if I'm wrong and you are the author of additional books, just let me know which ones and I'll move them to your profile.

message 3: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Oh, and I saw that there's a kindle edition on Amazon, so I added that, too:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 4: by David (new)

David Graham (davidgraham) Hi,

Thanks so much for that. Can you just explain, can I claim the book using the profile I set up as a reader? How do I tie my reader profile to my author profile as I've uploaded all pertinent details etc to my reader profile?

thanks
David

message 5: by David (new)

David Graham (davidgraham) Sorry, just saw how I send the request , ignore my question.

thanks again

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I know there is a way to merge your user profile and your author profile... but I don't know how, sorry. I think it's something only staff can do? Somebody chime in here, please...

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
When an author's request to claim their profile is approved, that process links together the existing user profile and unclaimed author profile into a new entity: the Goodreads Author Profile.

message 8: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments well, at least I know what's going on now. thanks, rivka!

message 9: by David (new)

David Graham (davidgraham) Thanks guys.

message 10: by David (new)

David Graham (davidgraham) Hi Rivka, Z-squared,

I wondered, do you know how long it might normally take for the amalgamated Goodreads Author Profile to be be constructed ?

thanks
Dave

message 11: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Sorry David, not sure. But if it requires staff intervention, it won't get done over the weekend.

message 12: by David (new)

David Graham (davidgraham) Hi Z-squared,

I think I was being a little impatient, it seems to be all fine now, thanks again for you help.

regards
David

message 13: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 15 comments Would you please add my latest release? http://www.amazon.com/Shes-Gone-Peggy...

message 14: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (marisasorenson) | 558 comments Done!