Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Am I the only one who was not happy with the movie??

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Estefani Rodriguez I just got out and…
I'm so disappointed! Everything was sooo fast paste. I mean like they skipped ALOT in the film. I was really looking forward to the moments Peeta and Katniss have in the film.
For Example
When they start sleeping together they have little conversation.
After katniss comes home from being electrecuted and breaking or spraining her foot and people are waiting for her. I thought that was a funny scene ! and then when Peeta takes her upstairs.
ALSO the roof scene!! where they have their own little picnic the whole day !
and he says how he could freeze that moment in time! ugh.

I feel cheated. I wish I hadn't gone and seen the film. I was just SO excited and crazy about watching the film!!
Maybe I need to watch it again or re read the book again idk
Tell me what you guys think?? (no hate comments) This is just my opinion.

message 2: by Feliks (new)

Feliks On the contrary! It marks you as someone with distinct potential for individuality, not to mention taste, acumen and perspicacity! I congratulate you.

ceelie❀ Estefani wrote: "I just got out and…
I'm so disappointed! Everything was sooo fast paste. I mean like they skipped ALOT in the film. I was really looking forward to the moments Peeta and Katniss have in the film.
F..."

I just recently watched it and I feel........ unsatisfied.

I was so excited too! But after finishing it, I was out of words and I just really feel like it didn't exceed my expectations..

And you're right, it was a bit fast paced and at most times I was like 'WHATS HAPPENING'

My family was asking me about why didn't Plutarch just kill President Snow and I didn't know what to answer??? They really had some good points on how everything would be easier if Plutarch just got on with it and killed Snow. They're like, 'it's not that Snow had plenty of guards beside him'.. or like 'there are so many times that they're alone together, Plutarch should've just killed him'

This question left me hanging and it ruined the story for me.. I was all like.. 'Yeah.. Why didn't he just killed him!?!?'

And talk about how much Galeniss scenes there were.. I was devastated because it looked liked Galeniss took over Everlark! :|

I need to reread the book and watch the movie AGAIN!

Emma Grassi Chelsea Nicole wrote: "Estefani wrote: "I just got out and…
I'm so disappointed! Everything was sooo fast paste. I mean like they skipped ALOT in the film. I was really looking forward to the moments Peeta and Katniss ha..."

If he killed President Snow then he probably would've been killed and a new president would be put in place and everything would be the same. They actually needed to overtake the capital, not just Snow. Keep in mind that while many people hate the Capital, many people supported it.

Kristen Estefani wrote: "I just got out and…
F..."

I thought the movie was excellent. All of those little things you missed and loved about the book would have dragged down the movie. If they kept every single detail from the book, the movie would be about 5 hours long. There's not time for the little insignificant stuff like picnics. We saw Katniss emotionally close to both Gale and Peeta, and it was realistic. That's what matters.

And don't forget, a movie adaptation is not an exact replica. The movie would be boring if it were line for line of the book.

I thought the pacing was perfect. Got all the important stuff in and kept the tone of the book.

If you are that picky about movies, it's probably best not to read it for a while before you see the movie.
I read it probably 2 years ago, and I didn't remember enough specifics where I was going "that wasn't in the book" or "what about that?!"

And, I'm sorry. I'm not usually that picky about grammar, but this one really got me. "Paste" is glue. You want "paced"

Kristen Chelsea Nicole wrote: "why didn't Plutarch just kill President Snow..."

Because there were alot of people depending on everything going the exact way they planned.

They had one shot at getting the rebellion going, and a big part of that was having a plant in control of the Games, keeping Katniss alive.
If they wanted it to be effective, they couldn't do something rash, like kill Snow just because the opportunity came up.

If he'd killed Snow, someone would have replaced him(Snow) and Plutarch would have been killed. And their spy would have been eliminated. Not to mention, they'd have been clued in to the fact that there might be a rebellion rising up. More so than just unrest in the districts. An actual organized rebellion with some real power.

Besides that, Plutarch was a really strong ally to have once the rebellion actually got going.

Also, if they killed Snow like that, he'd have been a martyr. It would have hindered the rebellion by gaining sympathy from the Capitol people and anyone else that wasn't already outraged.

Estefani Rodriguez Haha I'm so sorry that I wasn't checking my grammar at four in the fucking morning. I had school, work and many other shit to do before the movie.
I realized my mistake after I posted it but thought everyone would know what I meant.
I know what paste is.
I really don't appreciate you trying to tell me what it is.
On the bright side I know what your New Years resolution should be :)
I'm sure you could figure it out.

AgCl kristen wrote:"Also, if they killed Snow like that, he'd have been a martyr. It would have hindered the rebellion by gaining sympathy from the Capitol people and anyone else that wasn't..."

...and i don't think Plutarch was the martyr type. He had personal interests after all.

Kristen Estefani wrote: "I realized my mistake after I posted it but thought everyone would know what I meant"

On the contrary, I thought you honestly did not know the difference between 'paste' and 'paced'.
I mean, the edit option is right there...
I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Lots of people look at these things and it makes you look unintelligent.

But whatever. Next time I'll just shake my head like I usually do and move on.

Kristen AgCl wrote: " ...and i don't think Plutarch was the martyr type. He had personal interests after all..."

Snow would have been the martyr for having been murdered.

What personal interests did Plutarch have?
He was just trying to get the rebellion going, like everybody else. I thought anyway. I haven't read the book in a while, so I might have forgotten something.

message 11: by AgCl (new) - rated it 4 stars

AgCl i think they all had personal interests to a certain degree, plutarch would've been naive to actually risk himself he was a gamemmaker after all.I just didn't and don't see him being in the battlefront.

Jessica At almost 2.5 hours, I would not describe the movie as "fast paced." In fact, I thought they included a LOT of stuff in the movie and I felt it was a little too long. I did think it was much better than the first movie, so that was good. The extra story elements they added helped explain the plot to those who hadn't read the book.