THE Group for Authors! discussion

The Craft > Hello

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Hewlett (wendyhewlett) | 4 comments Hello,

I am a new author and new to Goodreads and just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. So far, I am incredibly impressed with Goodreads and I look forward to sharing ideas/advice and getting to know some fellow authors.
Wendy Hewlett :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 21, 2013 11:46PM) (new)

Pleased to meet you, Wendy. What are you writing now?

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Hewlett (wendyhewlett) | 4 comments Pleased to meet you as well Sophie. I'm currently in the final stages of my second novel and anxious to start on the third. What are you writing?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

A partly biographical novel about my grandmother, a chorus girl from Nottingham.
Had a book published last month "With Men for Pièces" - not autobiographical but it does draw on my youthful expériences (!)- at 78 I have a good memory. :-)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Trying to locate your SAVING GRACES, Wendy but getting nowhere fast ... (story of my life???)

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Hewlett (wendyhewlett) | 4 comments I just read the synopsis for "With Men for Pièces" and it sounds very interesting. I will give it a read soon Sophie. You can find Saving Grace by the ISBN if you like:
9780992166700. It is currently only available in eBook format through Kobobooks.com, but should be available on Amazon by tomorrow (also in eBook format). I am self-published at the moment and hoping to generate reviews and feedback that will aid me in finding a publisher.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2013 01:35AM) (new)

Look forward to reading it on my Kindle, then, Wendy.
Have been confined to bed for a few days and on opening up the 'puter found I had been invited to give an interview about my writing.

I had family in Toronto but lost touch. Then a few months ago I got an email from a friend who emigrated to Canada years ago - she had been on a tour and started chatting to another (elderly) lady who turned out to be my second cousin. I had met her once briefly SIXTY years ago .... Life is stranger then fiction, n'est ce pas?
Now - get back to that Notepad, computer screen, "tripewriter " or wherver you go to create ....

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Hewlett (wendyhewlett) | 4 comments The world becomes smaller and smaller as technology advances. I got back in touch with friends from over twenty years ago when I joined facebook. When you think you've lost touch with people forever, it is wonderful to find them again.

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet Doolaege | 56 comments Hello. I'm not sure where to post this question. Has anyone self-published as an author with Ingram Spark without first setting up a business? I would be interested to hear about anyone's experience with Ingram Spark. So far I've published six e-books with KDP and Smmashwords and one of them in print with CreateSpace. (Nothing is selling well.)