A Tale Dark and Grimm A Tale Dark and Grimm question

Did anyone else hate this book????
Casey Casey Nov 21, 2013 05:37PM
This book received so many glowing reviews, so when I started this book, I had very high expectations. And I struggled through it. The plot and writing was weak, the narrator was intrusive, and the characters were annoying. Please tell me that someone hates this book too, or at least tell me what i was missing when I read it the first time. I mean, there must have been something I was missing, based on the reviews it got. Please let me know if you shared my feelings. Or if you are some rude full of yourself person, yell at me through the internet about how stupid I am for not recognizing this " fabulous piece of literature."

I didn't hate it but it definitely wasn't my favorite either. I felt much the same way as you did. The narrator really annoyed me and I kept waiting for it to get to the point. You are not alone.

I loved it and i read the new one that came out in like one day

I found the first book highly enjoyable. I thought it was funny, dark, and I loved the twisted fairy tales. However, as the series went on, the plots got worse and the books really disappointed me. I thought the third book was terrible.

I read it to my grandsons when they were 9 and 11 and we all enjoyed it.

*big giant gasp* What?! How can you hate this book? It is one of my favorite books of all times. I thought the narration was hilarious and the story was intriguing (I love fairy tales).
Of course people are entitled to their own opinion.

Quoting you- Or if you are some rude full of yourself person, yell at me through the internet about how stupid I am for not recognizing this " fabulous piece of literature."

Do you realize that you sound very rude yourself? People have different opinions and some of us can't help it if we feel like stating them loudly. You were pretty brash yourself in your comment about this book. I'm just saying that you're being a little hypocritical when you say "rude full of yourself person yell at me through the internet. . .' because you were practically yelling as well.