The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello, new novelist joining up!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Misri (angelamisri) | 7 comments Hullo friends, I am (obviously) a big fan of detective fiction in book, TV, or movie form. I have a new detective series launching in March 2014, and wanted to get to know other authors and readers in the genre as I walk this path.
My favourite authors in this genre include Ian Hamilton, Agatha Christie, Elizabeth Haynes, Thomas O'Callaghan and Kathy Reichs.

message 2: by Joan (new)

Joan | 94 comments Angela,

Those are some of my favorites as well. I also like Michael Connolly (not sure I spelled that right), and Sara Paretsky and the Kinsey Milhone series. I haven't read Elizabeth Haynes and will check her out. I'm always looking for new (to me) authors. I also write a police procedural series, the first one was out in February of this year, The Hierophant, written under the name J. K. Maze, and I'm almost ready to publish the second, The Mercenary.

Joan

message 3: by Neill (new)

Neill Smith | 4 comments Hi,
I'm a big fan of Louise Penny - set in Quebec, Robert Rotenberg, and Jo Nesbo. Welcome to the group.

Neill

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela Misri (angelamisri) | 7 comments I've heard of the Hierophant, I'm going to Kindle that right now - thanks Joan!

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela Misri (angelamisri) | 7 comments Neill wrote: "Hi,
I'm a big fan of Louise Penny - set in Quebec, Robert Rotenberg, and Jo Nesbo. Welcome to the group.

Neill"

Thanks Neil!

message 6: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Angela, Joan, and Neill. Glad you found us. Be sure to let us know about your books in the "Author's Corner" or "In the Press, Blogs, and Sites" folders.

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5461 comments Welcome all of you, it's a great group. I hope you enjoy and take part in all of the various discussions.