Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Horror > Make Me Cringe - Contest, Free Ebook

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.E. (new)

J.E. Fletcher (jefletcher) | 21 comments Blood Burn by J.E. Fletcher

I decided that since I'm a newbie here, might as well start my membership by giving away my stuff. Thing is,I hate how most contests are run. Share this, like this, shave your head and plank on Broadway. I don't know. Ugh.

Since we're all the spooky type, here's how this will go:

You have 2 sentences. Make me shiver, cringe, or horrify me. The entry that chills me the most wins a free PDF copy of my book.

For the three next best - You have three options. I'll offer a critique on your WIP -OR- Help you write a great pitch to an agent - OR- Edit one of your short stories.

Interested?

message 2: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) | 362 comments I removed each bullet from the cylinders, carefully checked the barrel, and laid the Rugers on a flat rock, intending to clean it. While I was searching through my duffle bag for my cleaning kit, I heard the girls return from their bathroom break, and I turned around just as the strange girl lifted my gun with trembling fingers, stuck it in her mouth, and pulled the trigger.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lilly | 3 comments In the darkened and locked Laundromat, Tara bent down to put the evening's cash into the safe, straightened up, and found herself staring into the eyes of a man on the other side of the counter. “You look different up close,” he said.

message 4: by J.E. (new)

J.E. Fletcher (jefletcher) | 21 comments Keep'em coming! Loving these.

message 5: by Woolie (new)

Woolie Matthews | 12 comments Father Collins took Sheilagh aside.
"I don't mean to comment on how one parents their children, but Willow has been by three times this week to speak to me".
Confused, Sheilagh grips his arm and slowly finds herself on the floor.
"I don't know how that could be Father...you see she's been dead for 3 yrs".

message 6: by J.E. (new)

J.E. Fletcher (jefletcher) | 21 comments These are awesome. Anyone else want to chime in? I'm thinking of choosing on December 1.

message 7: by J.E. (new)

J.E. Fletcher (jefletcher) | 21 comments Well, I gave a little extra time in case anyone else wanted to join in, but I'm going to have to choose now.

You all win!

Send me a message with your email and I'll send over a .PDF of Blood Burn. Please choose one of the three options I offered, as well.