Practice to Deceive Practice to Deceive discussion

Practice to Deceive by Ann Rule

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (last edited Nov 20, 2013 08:11PM) (new)

Dawn Doran I just got this book Practice to Deceive by Ann Rule..
I was disappointed with it...It really didn't describe about the murder too much...Only about the characters lives...Like where they were born, about their childhoods, their parents and what they do for a living and so forth...
This is the only book that I would not recommend for anyone to read...Boring..

Joanne True it wasn't as terrifying as "The Stranger Beside Me," but it was an interesting study of twisted, greedy people.

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Doran I did read a very good book by Lisa Jackson called 'Devious'..It's not a true crime, but, it feels like a true crime...I really recommend this book to anyone....

Travis Starnes Dawn wrote: "I just got this book Practice to Deceive by Ann Rule..
I was disappointed with it...It really didn't describe about the murder too much...Only about the characters lives...Like where they were born..."

It seemed more about the chase for the murderers rather then the murder itself. My interpretation from the book was that the murder itself wasn't that exotic, guy gets shot in a car. As shootings go, that has happened many times.

It was how convoluted the case go and how close the killers got to getting away that made the story interesting and worth writing about.

Dianne I find putting all the puzzle pieces together very interesting. This is my main interest when I read mysteries, not the crime but how they manage to solve it. Just my opinion.