Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) Lover Awakened discussion

The Epic Buddy Read Conintues with Book 3

Comments Showing 1-50 of 231 (231 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Shannon The Show Stopper Ok ladies... I'm really looking forward to Zsadist's story: He's very mysterious...

photo intrigue_zpsa7d8f3a2.gif

Barbara YAY! Not finish the 2 but I´m in too! :D

message 3: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Will be here later, hopefully!

Barbara Mo wrote: "Will be here later, hopefully!"

Hope I will be here tomorrow! Today I have a lot of work in the office so can´t bail, for reading! :(((

Ginette This book came out in 2006, bought it & read it asap. I buy all her books in hardcover, then I few years ago re-bought them in epub. I had forgotten so many things. Zsadist will end up weaving himself into you heart. I finished it in the wee hours last night, just couldn't put it down. Can't wait for you guys to start.

message 6: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Ginette wrote: "This book came out in 2006, bought it & read it asap. I buy all her books in hardcover, then I few years ago re-bought them in epub. I had forgotten so many things. Zsadist will end up weaving h..."

I think is one series I will re-read in the future.

Barbara Ginette wrote: "This book came out in 2006, bought it & read it asap. I buy all her books in hardcover, then I few years ago re-bought them in epub. I had forgotten so many things. Zsadist will end up weaving h..."

Hi Ginette, every one talks about Zsadist is the best! I´m anxious to read it! I think I will fall in love with him!! :D

Shannon The Show Stopper Dorota wrote: "Zsadist HAS already been in my heart since the very first sentence he uttered in the book #1. But from what I glimpsed (only little peeks in between meetings at work today) I'm getting myself on the full blown fan-girl ride. and I do not normally go fan-girl over fictional characters :) ..."

Me either! It has to be one special character for me to go all fan-girl. Like JZB from The Fever. Have you read that series?

Ginette Ward created Z as the best tortured hero I've ever read. Now Fever is that the KMM series?

Shannon The Show Stopper Dorota wrote: "Nope. I do have a lot to cover after spending some time in the Egyptian dessert with no net connection and only historical romance paperbacks for 2 months. I have Fever on my TR list I think... ..."

I will fan-girl over Barrons from that series any day. Of course I'll fan-girl over the heroine Mac too. It's my all time favorite series. I can't wait for you to read it :)

Shannon The Show Stopper Ginette wrote: "Ward created Z as the best tortured hero I've ever read. Now Fever is that the KMM series?"

YES! You better say you love it! lol

Ginette Lol I have, but I haven't read the Dani O'Malley ones, have u?

Shannon The Show Stopper Ginette wrote: "Lol I have, but I haven't read the Dani O'Malley ones, have u?"

Oh no! I will tell you this about me. I MUST have all the books before I'll start a series. I despise cliffhangers. I can read a series like this one (BDB) where each book is about a different character but if they're all about the same person/couple, I want access to all of them before I start. I'm truly mental :-D

Shannon The Show Stopper Nana wrote: "Ginette wrote: "Ward created Z as the best tortured hero I've ever read. Now Fever is that the KMM series?"

My favorite kind! Love me a tortured hero and I'm already in love with Z! Ugh, I can't w..."

You and me both!....on both scores.

Ginette Shannon The Show Stopper wrote: "Ginette wrote: "Lol I have, but I haven't read the Dani O'Malley ones, have u?"

Oh no! I will tell you this about me. I MUST have all the books before I'll start a series. I despise cliffhangers. ..."

I hate cliffhangers reads if the next book is 1 year away. I just don't the mental capacity to remember that's why I get pissy...so with you there sister I need the books ready to go once I start

Shannon The Show Stopper Ginette wrote: "I hate cliffhangers reads if the next book is 1 year away. I just don't the mental capacity to remember that's why I get pissy...so with you there sister I need the books ready to go once I start..."

Awesome! I love finding people who "get me". Here is what happens for me personally, it's like the Sookie Stackhouse books. There were 9 books out when I read them. I was literally like a crack addict when I read them...it was all I did. That was before goodreads its distractions. We went down to stay with some friends. Actually, my husband was hunting and this was the first time I'd met them, I locked myself in the bedroom I was staying in upstairs and read the entire weekend. Lori and I are great friends now but she says she wasn't sure if she was going to like me on that first meeting...she thought I was odd.

Anyway, I probably would have paid $1,000 to get that next book that wasn't out yet...however, by the time it finally came out, I'd lost interest. I'm a total squirrel with my attention. I do know one thing, if I'd have read the Fever series and not had book 5 after book 4, I'd be in the loony bin right now.

Ginette lol, geezus honey, I think we need to share my meds..kidding..i'm the same with my series, I walk around with my reader {hubby calls it my bible}, and I talk to myself, any conversation or questions at home my family usually has to repeat it when I look up all glassy eyed and say "hun?"....see what good friends we get here NOBODY else understands a reader but a reader...lol

Shannon The Show Stopper Ginette wrote: "lol, geezus honey, I think we need to share my meds..kidding..i'm the same with my series, I walk around with my reader {hubby calls it my bible}, and I talk to myself, any conversation or question..."

Yes we probably do!

Shannon The Show Stopper Dorota wrote: "@ Ginette & Shannon
It's being called "immersion in the book Universe" in my language. Anyway - I do understand you, 'cause:
"

I love this gif!!!

message 20: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Just about to start but it is 10.30 at night.... arrrggghhh

message 21: by Edee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Edee Fallon Mo wrote: "Just about to start but it is 10.30 at night.... arrrggghhh"

This one is my favorite. I never expected to feel that kind of emotion from a BDB book. I f#%cking cried and I am not a crier. Enjoy!

Ginette Dorota wrote: "@ Ginette & Shannon
It's being called "immersion in the book Universe" in my language. Anyway - I do understand you, 'cause:
"

: )

Ginette Dorota wrote: "Guys - this book is really to be taken slowly. S.A.V.O.U.R.E.D. Z is such a tragic character! Ms Ward really did justice to the victim of abuse "anatomy" here. The shower scene? Gah!
"

I so do agree, it brakes your heart, honest

@ Edith, yup tears & runny nose happened here, wasn't pretty

@ Mo, we are here whenever you get going, can't wait for you thoughts

Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ Enjoy your BR ladies, this one is my favorite so far ;)

Jennifer Z = My Heart :). This will probably be the 5th time I'm read this.

message 26: by Edee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Edee Fallon Jennifer wrote: "Z = My Heart :). This will probably be the 5th time I'm read this."

Mine too. Z is my favorite. Book three made me a true BDB fan. And then add John Matthew and now I'm a BDB fanatic.

Shannon The Show Stopper Jennifer wrote: "Z = My Heart :). This will probably be the 5th time I'm read this."

LOL! I'm finishing up with book 2 today! I'm loving it so much more than book 1 and I like that one a lot and I can't wait to get Zsadist's story. WOW! I know it's gonna be good!

Barbara Diving in to ...the dark and tortured ZSADIST!!!

photo tumblr_m2vzmkimuZ1qfkfpao1_500_zpsf46bdf46.gif

~IreneOust~ I can't wait ... I am fucking struggling to finish book ... HATE Mary!!!

Shannon The Show Stopper ~ Irene ♥s ~ Søren ~ Ben O'Callahan ~ Joe Callahan ~ Javier ~ Manuel ~ wrote: "I can't wait ... I am fucking struggling to finish book ... HATE Mary!!!"

Oh Irene...

Shannon The Show Stopper Barbara wrote: "Diving in to ...the dark and tortured ZSADIST!!!

"

Love it! *steals gif*

Claudine Took a power nap. And now it me and Z for the rest of the weekend.

Shannon The Show Stopper Starting this one in a couple hours!

~IreneOust~ Can't wait to meet Z!!! I hope he can mental bleach erase the fucking Mary off my brain ... Nice screen name, Shannon! LMAO!

message 35: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Irene, did you finish with Mary yet???? Poor mary

~IreneOust~ Yep! 2 starred poor Rhage but it is what it is, Mo.

message 37: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo ~ Irene ♥s ~ Søren ~ Ben O'Callahan ~ Joe Callahan ~ Javier ~ Manuel ~ wrote: "Yep! 2 starred poor Rhage but it is what it is, Mo."

Fuck, Mary really did a number on you din't she. Hope Bella makes up for it.

~IreneOust~ Mo, I don't know why but she really did. I think I took it a little more personal than I should have but I just get so into the story that I can't help myself.

Shannon The Show Stopper ~ Irene ♥s ~ Søren ~ Ben O'Callahan ~ Joe Callahan ~ Javier ~ Manuel ~ wrote: "Mo, I don't know why but she really did. I think I took it a little more personal than I should have but I just get so into the story that I can't help myself."

Yeah you must be hormonal or something because she honestly really wasn't that bad. I don't even give a lot of slack either to the ladies. Jesse's Ava infuriated way more than Mary even come close to. I don't think you would have ever loved her per se but I think it's definitely a case of wrong book: wrong time!

Ginette ~ Irene ♥s ~ Søren ~ Ben O'Callahan ~ Joe Callahan ~ Javier ~ Manuel ~ wrote: "Mo, I don't know why but she really did. I think I took it a little more personal than I should have but I just get so into the story that I can't help myself."

Irene, I think you'll like Bella, she is stronger than Mary, I really liked her character, but then it does take a strong person to match up Z, have you started it yet?

~IreneOust~ Yes, I read the first two chapters and really love the story so far. I liked what I saw of Bella in book 2 so I am excited to know more of her. There is nowhere to go but up from Mary's character for me so you know I am good :)

Claudine The overuse of towels is making my washing machine groan.

Shannon The Show Stopper I'm double dipping and reading Gabriel's Inferno too. Lol. I'm on chapter. Ugh, I did laundry tonight too.

~IreneOust~ Enjoy Gabriel, Shannon! Loved those books. I hope book 3 doesn't disappoint - this year was a year of big time let downs when it came to sequels/finales for me. I hope that curse stopped with Truce :)

Shannon The Show Stopper Have you read book 3 yet? I've been wanting to read this forever but was waiting on all the books.

~IreneOust~ Shannon The Show Stopper *Team Mary* wrote: "Have you read book 3 yet? I've been wanting to read this forever but was waiting on all the books."

Book 3 comes out in just over a week. I hope its as good as the first two :)

Shannon The Show Stopper Oh I thought it was out. Lol. Well I'll be ready for it then.

~IreneOust~ I am now very curious to see what your take would be in those. They really are either a hit or a miss with readers. Personally, I enjoyed them very much. I should have planned a reread before book 3 comes out but oh well ... not enough hours in the day to read all I want to read.

Claudine The "IT".

message 50: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Could not get into Gabriel at all at all.

« previous 1 3 4 5