Holocaust and genocide discussion

Running From Giants: The Holocaust Through the Eyes of a Child
This topic is about Running From Giants
RECOMMENDATION > Running from Giants: Memoir of a Child Holocaust Survivor

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Margareta Ackerman (mackerma) | 2 comments I would like to share with you a Goodreads Giveaway of Running from Giants , an illustrated memoir about the struggles and triumphs of Srulik Ackerman, a child Holocaust survivor from Poland.

While the narrative propels us through Srulik's struggle to survive, the original black-and-white art reveals his journey through the imagination of a child caught in a land of giants.

The Giveaway ends on Dec 5, 2013.

You might also be interested in a recent interview with Srulik Ackerman, titled "Lessons on Happiness from a Holocaust Survivor."

I would like to add that Srulik Ackerman passed away on Nov 18, 2013, reminding us of the importance of groups such as this one that help preserve the story of those who went through what no one should have had to endure.

Thank you for letting me be part of this group. I look forward to connecting with you.

message 2: by Fliss (new)

Fliss Blanch | 5 comments Thanks Margareta, I've added the book to my to-read list. Look forward to reading it. :)

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter | 38 comments Upon reading about this new book, I contacted Maya Ackerman about her interview with her grandfather, in order to compare notes with her as a Holocaust survivor. She replied in friendly fashion and asked me a number of questions, to which I gave her a detailed reply yesterday.

So sad to hear that Srulik Ackerman died four days ago. The point I always make is that we Holocaust survivors are a dying breed: within a couple of decades we will be extinct.

Peter Kubicek
Author of "Memories of Evil -- Recalling a World War II Chldhood"

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) | 4 comments I got it free a couple of days ago on Kindle. But I checked and it is no longer free,