Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) Lover Unbound discussion

Plot inconsistency questions...maybe?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mochaspresso I;m at 20% in the kindle edition. Butch and Phury are trying to find Vishous. In previous books, if one vampire drinks from another, then that donor vampire will always be able to track and locate the one that drank from him. Vishous used this power to track Butch in the past. If part of the ritual to come into the Brotherhood is to drink a cup filled with each brother's blood, why don't they just invoke and use that power now?

I'm also curious about John Matthew. I gather that he's (view spoiler), but the timeline doesn't match up. No where near enough time has gone by for that to be possible.

Kari As far as the tracking goes, I've learned to ignore the plot inconsistencies and just go with it. You're right that they could use that. Unless it fades over time for some reason. Maybe the drinking of a female's blood trumps the ability of the brothers to track one another anymore since they're all male? That's the only one I can come up with.

As for John Matthew... why do you feel the timeline doesn't match up?

message 3: by Mochaspresso (last edited Nov 20, 2013 10:00AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mochaspresso Kari wrote: "As far as the tracking goes, I've learned to ignore the plot inconsistencies and just go with it. You're right that they could use that. Unless it fades over time for some reason. Maybe the drinking of a female's blood trumps the ability of the brothers to track one another anymore since they're all male? That's the only one I can come up with.

As for John Matthew... why do you feel the timeline doesn't match up?

(view spoiler) has only been (view spoiler) for about a year or so. If John Matthew is (view spoiler) and he's in his mid twenties and close to his transition, shouldn't at least 25 yrs have gone by rather than only one?

btw, I'm also wondering why the Scribe Virgin is still called that when (view spoiler) She also further demonstrating that she has some self-serving bitch at the expense of others tendencies.

Dhfan4life I never really thought about it in regards to the brothers tracking each other via the blood connection thing. But yea I agree with the second poster. Could be, because they are always drinking blood from their female mates that likely washes out/cancels out what they can do to track the other brothers.

As for the JM stuff. I think that was a instant like with Lash's character and whom his actual father turned out to be. Kind of a going back in time sort of thing and the Scribe Virgin planting the life essence into someone that Darius most likely slept with in the past. And created a new baby from that for JM.

As for the Scribe Virgin, I don't think she was ever a static virginal Goddess character really like Artemis being known as a virginal Goddess. I just think it is a name/title for her. Even similar to the Omega really. As omega means, if I'm not mistaken the pariah of sorts in a pack that is sort of the scape goat. And the Omega in this since is far from being the low person on the totem pole in this series. Given how much power he has over his Lessers for sure.

message 5: by Heather (last edited Nov 26, 2013 04:45AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Heather Ward has a lot of inconsistencies not just timeline issues which I have seen also IMO. For example she goes on and on about half vampires/humans not being able to dematerialize but then in the same book one or both will dematerializes all over town... They start compounding though as she starts growing her canvas. I have read other authors who write on the large canvas like she is trying to do and have much better consistency with their characters. She needs better researchers who can catch these things during editing.

Dhfan4life Heather wrote: "Ward has a lot of inconsistencies not just timeline issues which I have seen also IMO. For example she goes on and on about half vampires/humans not being able to dematerialize but then in the same..."

Honestly with so many sub plots and stuff going on. I've never even considered any inconsistencies when reading these books. I mean who can dematerialize is the last thing I can keep track of amongst everything else. But til you and the original poster mentioned anything not corresponding with what was said before, it has given me time to think on it a bit more.