What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Cool science book., with a dash of alchemy.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by X3n0xm (new)

X3n0xm | 9 comments Trying to split my post with two books into two posts- Can Mods delete the one with two books in it?

In the printing I got as a kid it had mad scientist on the cover. He has a lab coat beakers in two hands. Over a table, on a mostly white background on the front cover. The back cover had text about the book over a partially transparent caduceus. I think there was a short paragraph telling kids how wonderfully exciting alchemy and science are. In one project you were to "turn lead into gold" and showed how. Ann in the first thread wondered if it might have come from something like Scholastic.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments How long ago did you read this book?

message 3: by X3n0xm (new)

X3n0xm | 9 comments X3n0xm wrote: "Trying to split my post with two books into two posts- Can Mods delete the one with two books in it?

In the printing I got as a kid it had mad scientist on the cover. He has a lab coat beakers in ..."

Quite a while back. I'm thinking somewhere between 25-27 years ago. Family got it for me when I was 9. I've been digging through amazon to see if something clicks. I'm trying to get it for my nephews for Christmas.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
This book appears to be too new, but I'll mention it in case you're interested.

"The Ask Big Book of Mad Scientists and Alchemy" by Charlene Brusso et al.
http://www.amazon.com/Ask-Big-Book-Sc...

message 5: by X3n0xm (new)

X3n0xm | 9 comments Kris wrote: "This book appears to be too new, but I'll mention it in case you're interested.

"The Ask Big Book of Mad Scientists and Alchemy" by Charlene Brusso et al.
http://www.amazon.com/Ask-Big-Book-Sc......"

Nice find!
They'd probably like that-

message 6: by X3n0xm (new)

X3n0xm | 9 comments bump

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
X3noxm, are you still looking for this book?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.