What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. About a boy, and a rocket. (splitting up my thread

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by X3n0xm (new)

X3n0xm | 9 comments To avoid confusion splitting my search for some books into two unique threads. This is such that there's one book per a post. Can a mod delete the one with two books in it?

It came with a cassette you'd play while going through the book. It starts when a boy gets a rocket as a present from his parents. It starts grow. I think it even grew over night. I know he traveled in the rocket through the solar system.It has a robot on it telling him about the planets. I'm tempted to say it started as a stand alone book. Then turned into a series of books as adventures of someone. Mine may have been sold through Scholastic in the late 80s. I think it was in print up through the 90s. It's for my nephews

message 2: by X3n0xm (new)

X3n0xm | 9 comments X3n0xm wrote: "To avoid confusion splitting my search for some books into two unique threads. This is such that there's one book per a post. Can a mod delete the one with two books in it?

It came with a casset..."

Bumping...

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
It this a picture book for children? If so, did it have cartoon-like or realistic drawings?

message 4: by X3n0xm (new)

X3n0xm | 9 comments Cartoon all the way.

message 5: by X3n0xm (new)

X3n0xm | 9 comments bump
(this is driving me bats.)

message 6: by Kris (last edited Dec 14, 2013 08:54AM) (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
This isn't your book, but you might be interested in it. First Space Encyclopedia (2008) by Caroline Bingham. It has a good balance of illustrations and text (not too text heavy), and seems to be up to date (e.g., it notes that Pluto has been reclassified as a dwarf planet).

You can browse it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/First-Space-Enc...

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
X3noxm, are you still looking for this book?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

First Space Encyclopedia (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Caroline Bingham (other topics)